3 Basic Tips To Avoid Getting Scammed By Websites

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Scams are everywhere in the online world and in the offline world. There are many different kinds of scams out there. When it comes to making money, we all encounter many kinds of sites that are scams. Unfortunately, many people fall for scams due to various reasons and in this thread we will discuss about the ways to avoid them.

Research The Site

Researching is the best way to avoid scam sites. Whenever you find any kind of site, you must conduct proper research before joining the site. A few days ago, I encountered a HYIP site that was supposedly paying since 2015. However, when I did proper research about the project, I found that the domain of the site was registered in the year 2015. The website itself started in the year 2021!

Avoid Sites That Require You To Pay Upfront Money

There are many sites such as HYIP sites and Paid To Click Sites that require you to "buy" memberships. The biggest problem with such sites are that majority of such kind of sites are pyramid schemes. I am not saying that all of them are scams. Indeed, there are a few sites like Neobux that have been paying its members since the year 2008, however, majority of such sites cannot be trusted.

Never Invest Money In A New Site

There are many sites out there like HYIP sites. I have had many awful experiences with HYIP sites. One thing I have noticed is that majority of the newly created HYIP sites become scams faster. It all depends on how you define "new". According to me, any site which is not older than 7-10 years is new and such kind of site should be avoided.

E

eldavis

Number three is a mistake that alot of persons are making today. They always want to invest with these new sites cause they have the mentality that since they are amongst the first set of persons to register, they would be able to cash out before it crashes. This mindset often backfires though.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thank you for sharing, all these things are needed for our own protection especially when trying to make money on the internet because there are so many dubious website that are looking for opportunity to scamm so many people for their own selfish interest.

It is my responsibility to try as much as possible to avoid them because they will not in any way help me that is why I do not also engage in website that ask for payment because I know they won't likely last for a long time and at Time goes By they will eventually crash.

People who believe that it is really possible for them to make a huge amount of money online are those that are likely to fall into this sort of trick because they are not interested in posting but that just interestied in things that will do everything and generate them the profit and they will be getting it on daily basis.

One of the ways I have been able to understand most platforms that are not really good is when they give an attractive offer and something that you can easily done with any period of few minutes to earn a huge amount of money

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I do have the conviction that only two sets of people will always be the victims of scam. They are gullible and greedy people. Gullible people will always believe what they are told even without carrying out further research while greedy people will always always care about the interest and not the capital.

Scam websites will always continue to exist because these two set of people will always continue to exist as well and they won't learn. What do we now need for us not to be a victim of these websites?

The first thing we do is to make sure we do research. We can make sure we check out some websites review online. There are many websites that carry out reviews of websites. We need to check the date that the website has been registered, its ranks and some other vital information.

Research alone is not enough. We need cautioning ourselves. We need to make sure we are cautioned to make sure that we are guided. Most time, there is always green light on these scam websites but most time we tend to overlook these warnings. For instance, we should not be that desperate to believe any website that promise much interest.

Aside this, we need to invest what we are willing to lose. Most time, out of greediness. Many people invest heavily on a website even when they are not sure of the outcome of their investment. Next time, we should take caution and invest only the money that we are willing to lose.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Anybody who is interested in venturing into some platforms on the internet especially the ones that requires you to invest certain amount of money should be very careful because a lot of them have scammed people in the past.

There are a lot of things you need to do in order to avoid being scammed if you really want to make money from such platforms and one of them is research.

Research is very necessary if you want to venture into any platform because it will open you up and give you a clear idea of what people have experienced in that particular platform and from there you can make your decision.

There are also so many platforms in which you can use to check reviews of any platform you want to venture into and one of them is trustpilot. Trustpilot is very good because people that have worked in similar platforms can comment and share their about the platform and from there you can take your final decision.

It has personally helped me to avoid a lot of scam platforms that I could have wasted my time and invested my resources on. There are also some scam checking platforms like scamcheck, etc.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Scam will continue to be in existence as long as humanity keep existing. Some people engage in scamming other people out of laziness.

There are not ready to engage in lot of productive works that you bringing legitimate money for them. There are some people who will deliberately to rip people off there are any.

These are some of the things you can do in order to avoid scam either online or offline.

Check your mindset
it is very important to check your mindset. You will definitely fall for is come if you have a get-rich-quick mindset. majority of those who are scamming people play on people's emotion who wants to get rich at all cost with a short time.

They are going to present their program or package in such a way that will happen you if you have a get-rich-quick mindset. it will easy for you to fall for this account since they are speaking your language and what you are thinking.

Read reviews
It is very important to read review about the program you want to invest your money into before you can decide to get started.

You can do this by reading reviews about the website online using Google search engine. You can also go to trustpilot to read some of their reviews you know that's not what people experience engaging in program.

Ask from other people
it is also important to ask from other people as some websites are paying freelancers to manipulate reviews on Google and trustpilot.

There are some people who rent out the service of dropping good reviews about a particular company. You can easily be fooled if you don't know about this program.

Go for the smallest package
If the program require you to invest your money, you can go for the smallest package to test a water.

Whatever you experience with the smallest package will tell you what you are likely going to experience if you put in a lot of money into the program. If the program go the way you want, you should never allow your guard to go down and trust the program completely.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Nice thread! These days, scam businesses are running rampant on the internet. And while there are some things you can do to avoid becoming a victim of a fraud, it's impossible to completely prevent yourself from being targeted by scammers.
They're getting more sophisticated all the time, and they have access to advanced software that makes it harder to detect them. However, you can implement some simple steps to help you spot suspicious behavior.

Here are some tips to keep in mind:

-If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Never send money or personal information over the phone or online unless you know exactly who you're talking to.

-Don't give out your bank account number or PIN number to anyone over the phone or online. If you do, your account could be drained in minutes!

-Make sure that any website where you enter your credit card information is secure (look for https instead of http). This will help protect your identity from hackers who may steal your data and use it for their own purposes.

-Beware of emails that seem "too official." Many phishing scams will pose as legitimate companies in order to get your personal information or money from you by impersonating someone else entirely!

-Read through their about me and TandC pages, if you find anything off or nonprofessional posts, you should be careful.

King bell

VIP Contributor
Before I register on a site, I make sure to make some research on the internet and if possible check their rating. It is good to always go through websites most especially on the internet so as to avoid getting scammed my hard earned money. Even before joining this site, I have to go through series if review so as to make sure I'm not joining here for a waste. As an heavy internet user, I rely solely on trust pilot and other review platform to check if at all a website may be a legit one by people who have used them.

Thank you for the tips you've provided, in addition to that, before venturing into any platform you should have a thorough check on the site to easily predict if it is genuine or not. You might want to visit their website in order to access things yourself. You should navigate through and check for possible payment proof. Another good way is to browse through social media like Facebook to see how frequent people bring about their topic. Check through comments and see what other people have to say. Most genuine website have a Facebook page, you should also check on that and check on relevant groups. Alao, a good internet search should show you the website details. You can also go ahead and make further investigations and check through the informations of their domain. You can also rely on website like trustpilot or scam detector and see reviews for yourself if at all they have a good stars and reviews on these platform. A trustpilot score of 3.2 and upwards is convincible enough. You should always take a thorough check before you engage on anything in the internet to avoid being scammed.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Your points are well narrated. We shouldn't pay upfront to a newly website that is just open to us first time, we should hesitate to carry out proper research around the site, it will help us alot to get the identity of the site, list of things we should know about the site. If their is a potential risk involved, as we enter to use it, definitely the review sure will review it for us to know and avoid getting into it. When taking such kind of review opinion, we shouldn't just conclude with the opinion of one reviewer, we should go on, and on to make more reviews around the site to be confident and satisfied then we can take action from there. Some reviewers can say nice things about a suspicious site, it might be due to, the owner of the suspicious earning site, sponsored the content. In that condition, the writer will write everything to make sure it is pleasing to the owner of the site. Which is deceiving indeed, so, if you go on to believe everything the writer made without making your own research elsewhere, you will definitely fall prey, because the content is sponsored one just to promote the owner's site.

blessingc

To avoid the traps these fraudulent experts have put in place for sincere people who are working hard to make a living there some steps to take, some signs to take note of and avoid.

Scammers make you believe there's is a problem with you, with your social media account, or there's a problem with your computer or come in a way to convince you of a law the government has put in place that you need to fulfill even when they aren't the right source of fulfilling it.

They also make you believe a deceptive promise, either that you won a lottery or you've been given an opportunity due to your eligibility just get you into what has been cooked and waiting.

They always want you to act before you think, they want you to believe it's urgent, you need to work immediately, it's really important and they don't want you realize what you are getting involved with.

They want you to pay to earn. Invest this to get that. Invest big to get bigger invest little and get not as much as.
They make it look like you are about to miss a great opportunity.
There are very organized and fearless, they only get scared when they notice you've discovered their secret.