3 Common Mistakes Employers Make In Regards To Dealing With Employees

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
When it comes to hiring employees and availing their services for the company, many employers tend to make a lots of mistakes. Employees are one of the essential part of running a business, but many employers often overlook this fact. There are many employers who make many mistakes. So what are those mistakes and how can employers avoid them?

1) Treating Employees Badly

Okay, so this a really common mistake many employees make. They tend to treat the employees badly by disrespecting them in front of other employees and I do not think that this is a right thing to do. Bad treatment of employees will lead them to not perform deliberately and they might also leave the job.

2) Disregarding Their Achievements

Many employers think that praising employees is bad because praising them would lead to them performing badly. While it might be true, but there are many other important aspects related to this. many employers do not praise employees' performance, but they actually discredit employees, even when they perform well.

3) Not Paying Salaries On Time

Not paying salaries on time is also a major issue. I know that many organisations do pay salaries, but sometimes they never pay salaries on time. This is a very common problem in the governmental departments and employees usually go on a strike.

The last is always a huge problem for me and I think that employers need to stop that, how would you employ one especially those with family and it takes you time to pay their salaries. I don't joke with this because sometimes what keeps one going is this salary and you are withholding it or paying late.. This is one reason I enjoy working even on this site because the admin makes payment as swift as possible. Doing this will make the person to enjoy working without hesitation and can never be happy about it.

Another annoying thing employers do to employees is to add demeaning job descriptions to what you were employed for. I have once been employed as an account clerk in a school, the main duty I have employed for was to keep records of all the School fees received and other income coming into the school account. But before I could say jack I was turned into a messenger of some sort. I was the one running menial tasks for my Boss. This was all in a bid to avoid employing a messenger. But how right can this be. Employers need to know that employees need to be treated right

There are many ways employers handle their employees rashly.
Those employees are prone to getting scared away from their office.

If you're expecting your employees to satisfy you in everything they do, pertaining to your company, you should try to make them feel at ease by doing the needful.

There are some factors we must have to consider,else you'd be loosing your business investment or company. Which are;

PAY THEM REASONABLY:
If what you pay them is far below their job position,you don't expect them to do well.
There might be some lapses when it comes to doing your biding, attending to clients and in other areas.

LEARN TO RESPECT YOUR EMPLOYEES.
Though they are your employees,they deserve respect.
Because every human deserves respect.
Respecting them, doesn't mean you're letting yourself down as their employer.
Respecting them,makes them show you more of their good side and honour you more as their employer.

Because, people differs,their temperament too.
Some of those good employees will stick to you and do what's obtainable for the growth of your company.

But, the day he or she happens to default,and you rain insults on their personality and all worth not; you're thereby scaring that person away, and making him or her change their pattern,they desist from being loyal to you.

The employee should be accorded respect no matter what transpired. An employee who have been warned severally may be treated badly and that's justifiable. Some employers do not want to really know that their employee is part of the success story of the organisation. Some do not even give incentives to their staffs they believed that they have been paid salaries and as such, no incentives for achievement made by the staff . Such business owner forget that staffs that did excellently well in their jobs deserves to be motivated. This will make them do more. This is the reason why incentive is very important for staff motivation. Some organisations do not pay salaries on time. They often delay the salaries of staffs. If you really wanted the best out of your workers , you will have to pay them on time. They will not be effective in the discharge of their duties if they are not paid as at when due. A business owner should not always treat the employees badly at the expense of the customer. Some employers are ready to bully their employees for the customer whenever an argument broke out between them. This must be avoided .

Another mistake most employers or business owners make is not trying to actually know more about their employees. Most of them do not even know where they stay, the challenges they are currently going through and most importantly their strengths and weakness.

One of the mistakes that employers make in their dealings and doings with their employees , workers, and staffs is that they expect their employees , workers and staffs to be perfect in everything that they do , while there themselves are not perfect . Some employers over work their employees and want them to be perfect and effective as all times . this is absolutely love because no one is perfect and in one day or so we will always make mistakes and errors in most of the things that we do possibly in business and personal activities . Do not expect perfection from the employees because they too also make mistakes . But that does not mean that all mistakes make the employees should be overlooked , because some mistakes and errors made by majority of employees are or necessary and cannot be overlooked .

Furthermore , whatever your employees are trying to do in order to accomplish business goals and objectives it is advised for the employer to be first of all grateful and thankful for their good behaviours , the employer shouldn't lord over him or herself as being the superior , but rather he must show a grateful and thankful heart toward tasks and duties well doned by his or her employees .

Not paying salaries on time is really bad. Even me personally I do not support that no matter What May happen, but just that a lot of employers are always finding pleasure by not paying the salaries of their employees on time. This is really bad because the person you are not paying his or her salary is busy serving you and you refusing to pay is not really a good indication about you and your personality.

Well I can understand the situation in which the money may not be available, but in this case you have to let your employees knows the reason why his salary is not being paid in a situation like this . A Malicious holding of salary because of one reason that does not make sense is not necessary.

Talking about appreciation well most business managers may not always be around to see what is happening in some business depending on the business , so you shouldn't really expect so much appreciation from your managers. At least you are doing what you were being employed to do and that's all. Some of them will always try to appreciate you but that does that does not mean you should make it a big deal.

Those are truly the mistakes that employers make when treating their employees you have mentioned in this thread. I agree with each of them. They can actually make employee to leave the job and find workplaces where they are treated better. Especially if you are constantly disregarding them or underpaying them.

Another mistake I would like to add is that of using bad ways of correcting the employees when they make a mistake. One of them being that of getting so angry and shouting at them in the midst of other employees. This will make the employee feel so embarrassed. So they will feel disrespected rather than corrected.

Another mistake employers or managers make when trying to correct employees is disregarding all their other good qualities just because they made one mistake. If you fail to appreciate their good deeds, you will make them feel really unimportant just because they made one mistake that can be corrected.

Lastly, some employers or managers make the mistake of treating employees unequally. Maybe they favor some employees more than others because they are related by blood or through friendship. This will be unfair to other employees and you may loose some skilled employees due to this unfairness.

If you have a business you must try as much as possible to run it effectively and be in charge of your business. Sometimes many business people make some mistakes that will probably go a long way in hampering their business success.

When you treat your employees badly there is a tendency that they will not really work very well for you. As a business man you must try as much as possible to create a very good conducive environment for your employees because that will go a long way in making them work very well to see your business succeed.

You must try as much as possible to give them orientation on weekly basis and give them instructions in which they must follow to make your business successful. You must do all the things with respect because that alone can go a long way in making them respect your business and therefore working very hard.

You must try as much as possible to be paying salaries on time because when you don't do that, it will definitely affect your business performance. When people work and at the end of every month you do not pay them, they will definitely not have the urge to continue working for you.

Employees are the backbone of every business organisation. The way employees are treated in an organization will determine the success of the business. This is the reason why they should be treated like kings for them to be giving out their best for the maximazation of the business results.

The welfarism of the employees is the most important thing. When people are provided with good welfarism which include good working environment, giving of incentives and even giving of rewards. These will motivate the workers to do more than what they are even thought they can do.

Payment of salary is the most crucial things. Employers should know the difference between slaves and servants. Servants are meant to be treated based on contracts and not really like masters and slaves relationship. There is need for the employer to pay the workers money as and when due. They should endeavour to treat their workers with caution.

Inclusiveness in the business decision. There is no one that doesn't want to have sense of belonging. The moment people are feeling less welcomed, they tend to perform below expectations. Therefore, the employers should endeavour to make sure that these people. Their matters as well should be considered.