4 High Paying Remote Jobs for Writers

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Here are 4 high paying remote jobs that you can either do right away or spend 2-3 months learning skills and then start working.

Translation: If you are bilingual or even multilingual, this is the job for you. If the languages you know are the European languages, you really have a good chance of making a lot of money.

Editing/proofreading: If you have academic qualification in language, literature, and writing, this is the job for you. You can edit books, journals, and articles. If you are a native English user, you have a great chance of making money. You can even start teaching English.

Copywriting: Every businesses is concentrating on generating sales. In order to generate sales, they need great marketing and promotional materials. As a copywriter you can write sales pitch, ads, social media posts, etc. and make money.

Article writing: There is a great demand for writers. Writing is a niche that never gets saturated, there will always be a demand for writers.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I think translation and editing/proofreading jobs are reserved for someone with a degree in language and literature. For example, if you want to translate English from French, you need a degree in both languages. Likewise, if you want to work as an editor and proofreader, you also need a degree in your chosen language, for example, if you want to edit and proof manuscripts in the English language, you need to be an MA in English or at least a graduate in English language and literature. You cannot enroll in a short-term course, learn the language for 2-3 months and start working on these jobs, These jobs are reserved for people with academic education. However, you can work as a copywriter and article without having a degree in the language. Copywriting and article writing is all about having knowledge and skills in the chosen language. If you are a creative person and if you have a basic language and basic writing skills, you might be able to write copies and articles easily. If you want to develop skills in these areas, you can try enrolling in short-term courses and learn the skills. With persistence and hard work, you can excel.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thank you so much for sharing , I have been trying to join a transcription website in the past , but it seems like their verification and screening process is tedious and in most cases you must score at least 98% in your overall performance before you could be accepted into a transcription website.

This is not really easy and I have tried several times and I was not opportuned to be accepted. And also I do not have the needed tools that will help me be a transcriptionist In freelancing platform.

I just have to save up money to buy a laptop because that is one of the most important tools that will help me take my writing career to the next level. All these things is not really easy and will require a lot of determination on my side before I am able to achieve success.
I don't really know much about the editing and proofreading , I will look into it.