4 Steps to Choose the Best Theme for Your Blog/Website

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you are building a blog or a website, you need to be very careful about choosing the right theme. This can be very challenging because choosing the best theme out of thousands of options is a real challenge.

4 step guide to choose the best theme for your blog or website

Step 1

On Google, search for best blog/website theme for xyz niche, where xyz is your niche, for example if your niche is travel, you can search for theme for travel blog/website. Check the search results;

Or,

Go to themeforest.net and search for the best theme on your niche; you can go to other theme marketplace, but my favorite is theme forest.

Step 2

Follow these criteria to choose appropriate theme

Design, layout, functionality, and responsiveness

Step 3

Install and activate the theme and see how it looks; check whether it is appropriate for your niche, test them website with activated theme on different devices and browsers.

Step 4

Install necessary plugins, check how your posts and pages look. Test website loading speed.

If you are not satisfied, go through the whole process again.

Conclusion

You can choose to go with free theme, but most of the time free themes are used so many times that your website will not have a new look.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I use the free theme on my blog and website, I have never spent money on themes. If you can find a good theme that matches your niche, there is no necessary to pay for a theme. Using a free theme is absolutely not a problem. When I want to install a new theme, I search in the wordpress repository instead of looking into theme forest or searching on google.

D

Deleted member 28127

A beautiful blog is something essential so the template must be not basic one it needs to apply some good CSS or appearance but half of the internet surfers do not care about how is beautiful your blog but take interest in content while others combine between both of them then it will be better to merge between them.