Saving Money 4 Things That Makes Saving Seem Impossible

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Everybody would love to save, be financially stable and never get stack in debt. But not everyone has the willpower to do it. There are so many people who spend money carelessly and never save for the rainy days. If you are one of them, you could be harboring the following lies in your head;

1. You don't have a family/children yet, so you don't have to save.

This is the mentality of most singles. They wait to be tied down so as to start saving. While single, the buy designer clothes, several cars and never save anything. That is why you find most people in families spending and saving better than singles.

2. This is not the right time.

Saving is just for another time for most people. Today is never the right time for most of them. Well, life is now, you better start saving now.

3. You don't earn enough money to save.

The rule is always save before you spend. If you spend, you may never have money remaining to save. And if you really just live from paycheck to paycheck, just enough for your expenses, then you need to earn better income. Get a side hustle or a better paying job.

4. You let money run its own course.

If you don't budget on your money, you will not save any. When you let money run its own course, you spend it carelessly and with compulsion.

Heartstrings

I will say it anywhere and anyday that Saving is very very important in ones life,every individual save for many reasons,why some people thinks it is not important,others thinks it is very important and must be done.

This is true,I have heard some people say such thing and I wonder why such mentality,as far as I am concerned, saving should start immediately you have a source of income,even if you can save from pocket money given to you by your family.

Not earning enough money is definitely not an excuse not to save,I totally agree with you. No mattyhoe little you are earning,save any little amount even if it is 10%, it will surely counts thousands someday to your amazement.
This is why it is not good to spend money extravagantly and carelessly,this doesn't allow one to save,infact your mind will not even go there,why because you always want to enjoy life by spending the way you like,and you forgot there is what we call rainy days and future expenses.

King bell

VIP Contributor
Here are two important things that makes money easier to save:
1. After you've established an emergency fund, keep your non-emergency funds somewhere separate from your emergency fund
2. Create a system which will automatically move money into savings or debt payments once a certain amount is reached every single time it's possible
3. Spend less than you earn so that the balance in your checking account never gets too low and cause interest penalties to happen
4. Pay off credit cards and other debts as soon as possible, preferably before interest rates increase for remaining balances.
There are many other things that people do to make money harder to save, but those four will help you save even more.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well, for me I don't think any reason is good enough not to start saving if you want to save you should look mostly at the benefits you will derive from saving because it is only the benefit that will push you to start saving money not having a child or children is not a good reason for not savinh money

saving money will even help you when the kids start coming at least you will have stored away money when you can quickly withdraw and take care of the children so it is even a good decision to take if you can save money before you start a family this is like preparing for the family or the children to come so that by the time they come you wouldn't over stress yourself looking for money to cater for them again. Saving money will always save you from financial stress in the future.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Here are my reasons why saving becomes difficult for some people.
People cannot save money because they have limited income. If you are earning barely enough to pay your bills how can you save money?
People cannot save because they have high expenses. This is another reason. If you are making unnecessary expenses, or even when you are spending money on essentials but buying expensive items, you will have high spending, which makes saving impossible.
People cannot save money because they have liabilities. If you have bills to pay, debt to pay, etc. you might not be able to save money. If you are in this situation you should cut your expenses, pay your liabilities and then start saving money.
People cannot save money because they are not serious. A lot of people think "let me enjoy life first, saving can wait." This kind of tendency makes saving very difficult.
You should overcome all hurdles to start saving.

Yusra3

Banned
When you're trying to build up your savings, it can be hard to stick with it.

The first thing that's going to stop you from saving money is your own mind. you'll find yourself saying, "I don't have any money," or "I'm too busy for this," or "I'll just put it towards my next vacation," or "Why should I save when I already have so much?"

But the good news is, we've all been in this boat at one point or another. It's totally normal! And there are ways around the problem easily enough.

The first thing is to realize that saving money doesn't mean giving up on things you like. You can still do those things and save money at the same time! So if you want to buy a new pair of shoes for your trip, but don't want to spend $200 on them… there are ways around that too! Try buying them used or borrowing from friends and family members. Or even donating some of your old clothes, which will help someone else out in need while also helping you save money!