Saving Money 6 Free Ways of Entertaining Yourself to Save Money

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Are you the person who spends a lot of money in entertainment? Has saving become so hard because there is a certain luxury that is taking too much money? Well you can find free ways to entertain yourself and save money. My suggestions include;

1. Go for nature walks and visit local places for fun instead of using so much money to go to prestigious tourist attraction sites weekly. Nature around you is free and beautiful, enjoy walking around in it.

2. Cook a nice meal to enjoy yourself or with family and friends instead of going to fancy restaurants. Eating expensive meals for fun will only put a dent in your wallet yet you can achieved just that and more with a well cooked home meal.

3. Download free games from play store or apple store. They are far much cheaper than playing online games. Yet they are as much entertaining.

4. Download movies on free WiFi or buy them in a movie shop instead of streaming them online. Streaming will only use up all your data bundles and you will keep buying them.

5. Enjoy going on group trips because they are much cheaper than going individually. You pay less transport fee, entrance fee is reduced and you can carry group packed meals.

6. Reduce your alcohol and other drug intake. This will not only save you the money you use to buy them but will also save you the medical expenses you would use for treating the health effects of drugs.

Rubz

Wow, these are all nice ways to save up as well as entertain yourself while doing so. A lot of people do not know that some of these things they often see as minor things are what eats up their money and hinder them from saving. Let's take an alcoholic for example, he often sees buying two or more bottles of beer or alcohol a day as nothing until he gets addicted to it and ends up buying five to seven bottles a days. The bottles bod beer he keeps on buying everyday will gradually start to increase and he will end up squandering money he would have used for something reasonable. Most times, i often wonder when people prefer eating out in restaurants, when home cooked meals are more healthier and saves more money.

Heartstrings

This is really nice and helpful,I agree with you 100%, you see when it comes to saving,we have to follow from procedures,have a goal and be determined,you can have so much of all this plans and still expect to save much,even when your source of income can do double,reduce the way you spend unnecessarily because you never can tell what the future holds.

Some people are so addicted to alcohol and drugs that they can't seem to avoid it just for a day, infact some people go from work to their joints just to have a taste,it becomes addictive in no time and you will end up spending over 50% of your salary on health issues,why because everything has a limit.

I actually enjoyed natural views than paying money for it. And also some people can spend much amount just to travel out for a tour or a show off,not knowing it is a wasting of money instead of saving it for something more useful and important.