6 Steps To Drive Traffic to Your New Blog

Mika

VIP Contributor
The best way to generate traffic is through SEO. When you do proper SEO, your site will rank high on search engines. When articles are ranked high on search engines, you will receive search traffic. You also need to publish share-worthy content, when your content are shared on social sites, you receive social traffic.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Knowing ones audience is still the best way to me because this will give the blogger the idea on what to blog on.

cmoneyspinner

I don't usually join Private Facebook groups. My purpose for being on social media is for my activity to be Public so that I can get traffic to my monetized blogs and articles. However, I did make an exception and joined a private group of fellow bloggers. The Admin created Twitter and Pinterest accounts. You can share your links in the FB group and they will promote them via social media. This social media marketing arranagement seemed to making my content more visible and sending traffic my way. The best part is … it's FREE.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Your content should be if high quality to receive traffic, your content also needs to be if high quality in order to retain traffic. The key to drive traffic and retaining traffic is to publish high-quality articles on your site. Your site also need to be search engine optimized so that you can generate organic traffic.

Setho

VIP Contributor
The most important thing about traffic retention is by building top tire articles. Sometimes this might not be enough so you should try to make your website responsible and responsive as much as possible. You should make sure that you use the correct font size and the correct arrangement.

Mika

VIP Contributor
The primary purpose of search engine optimization is to build traffic. Getting ranked high is necessary to build search traffic. Getting traffic from search engines is really difficult as it is very competitive, however, social traffic can be better if you have a large following.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
SEO is a method not only to rank high on search engines but also a method to build traffic on your site. Therefore, if you want to build traffic on your site, you need to first do SEO. SEcond important to build traffic is to use multiple social media platforms. But you can benefit only when you have a huge following.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Promotion of your content is very essential if you want to receive traffic quickly on your blog. If the contents are highly in depth, they are going to receive a lot of shares on social media platform. This will help you to generate lots of direct traffic to your website. this can result in higher ranking on Google search engine. lots of direct traffic from social media is also a rank signal on Google Search engine.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You should be a good writer and SEO expert to build traffic. When I started, I was none of them. Therefore, I hired a writer to write SEO content. Since I hired a professional, my web content managed to rank well and my website began to pull search traffic early on

kayode10

VIP Contributor
One of the mistakes I make when I was starting out blogging is to write any content I feel like writing. I believe that's the audience are going to find it valuable. I realised otherwise when no one is coming to my blog. Those who came don't spend much time on the site and I have to do the real thinking.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Traffic is hard to come to your new website, however, there are strategies that you can implement in order to build traffic on your new website.

• Know your audience: If you know who is going to search for your article topic and read your article, it will be easier to write the article.
  • Perform keyword research: Keywords are the words and phrases that people use to make searches on the internet. Based on your topic, you will have to find relevant keywords.
  • Build content plan: Make a list of points that you will be using on the content.
  • Structure your topic: Break the content into various subtopics
  • Write your content: Write the content based on your keyword research and the content plan.
  • Publish and promote your content: Share the content to online communities.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Traffic is very important to any successful online business. There is no way sales or transaction will happen if you find it difficult to generate traffic to your website either as a product creator or as an affiliate. There are different ways in which you can generate traffic to your website and their responsibility to handle all of them to your own advantages.

Mika

VIP Contributor
The key to building traffic is to write great content, in order to write great content, your content should be well planned. it should contain all necessary information as demanded by the topic. Content structuring is very important, your content should have multiple sections dedicated to sub-topics. Marketing is also very importnt.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Keyword is the most important thing when it comes to how a forum or even a blog is rated. There are many factors that can however make this thing possible. If the topics written on that forum make sense and can captivate users, there is no way there won't be more rating.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
If you are targeting underserved Keyword or more competitive keywords, it is possible to generate a lot of organic traffic with little or no promotion. I have a friend who target underserved keyboard on his blog and he is receiving over 2,000 organic traffic for each of those content in published. I think you need excellent keyboard research.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are several ways in which you can drive traffic to your website. it is very important that before you go into blogging you learn search engine optimisation very well because it is very important and necessary for a blogger. You can also use social media platforms to get traffic. Another way is to join different forums especially the popular ones and give quality contents.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be frank, blogging needs laid down rules to be followed before there can be success. Having the right niche, there is need to know what the audience want. This will make the blogger to be penning down captivating stories on the niche he has already chosen and has the users glued to the blog.

AfriPeeps Official

One of the ways to earn as a Nigerian youth is by getting involved in blogging. It's a cool business if you know your way around it and the reason why most people quit along the line is because of getting traffic, I solely agree with the tips you have given here and if taken into account, you have another source of income.