Saving Money 7 Saving Strategies You May Not Have Tried Yet

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Saving money consistently often requires thinking outside the box. Beyond basic budgeting and cashback apps, here are 7 unconventional strategies that can turbo-charge your savings:

1. No Spend Days

Declare certain days each week or month as no spend days where you cannot buy anything discretionary. Pack meals and entertainment ahead of time.

2. Percentage Saving

Whenever you get money, immediately save a set percentage like 20%. Apply this to gifts, raises, bonuses, side income, tax refunds and more.

3. Round Up Saving

Apps like Qapital connect to your accounts and round up every purchase to the next dollar, investing the spare change. Painless automated savings.

4. Entertainment Fasts

Pick a type of paid entertainment to cut like restaurant meals, movies, or concerts for 1-3 months. Bank what you would’ve spent.

5. Double Up Housing Payments

Add an extra principal payment equivalent to your regular mortgage payment every month to double up and save big on interest.

6. $1 Bill Savings

Use a jar or envelope to stockpile all $1 bills that pass through your wallet. Small change adds up fast.

7. Time-Based Saving

Whenever an activity like social media takes up X hours in your week, put an equivalent dollar amount into savings based on your earnings rate.

Applying even a few of these creative saving hacks can significantly magnify your savings ability. The key is automating where possible so the money is socked away before you can spend it. Get scrappy with saving - every little bit counts.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have been using some of these ideas already. For instance, I use $1 a day saving. I have been using this method for at least two years. I work online and have been generating daily income for the last 3 years. I try to save $1 every day. Sometimes I do not earn even a dollar, and in that case when I earn money on the next day, I try to compensate the previous day by saving $2. I am interested in trying some of these ideas.