7 Tips For A Long and Healthy Life

An ounce of prevention is certainly better than a pound of cure. Here are seven tips on how to live a long and healthy life. In addition, the same life style that helps you to avoid illness also helps you to lose weight.

1. Get Enough Exercise

In the past people had to use their physical bodies in the course of their normal work. But today someone may get up, go to work in a car, then sit down, get up to go home in the car and when arriving at home, sit down again for the rest of the day. In such a life there is no physical labor. This physical inactivity is one of the main reasons for a host of diseases. Sport, running. walking and other things must be added to our life if our normal work does not require us to exert ourselves physically. I

2. Go to sleep when you feel sleepy

This may sound simple, but many people stay up late even when their body is telling them that it is time to sleep. Yoga and Ayurvedic doctors also say that it is better to sleep in the night and be active during the day. However, people such as students will take coffee and stimulants to study late into the night. Others develop the habit of remaining active at night and sleeping during the day. While we can do this, it eventually takes a toll on health. Alternative health doctors say that this kind of unnatural living is one of the contributing factors in the causation of cancer and other diseases

3. Eat when you feel hungry

This is also a simple idea, but once again we often go against the messages of the body. If you eat out of habit or due to social pressure at certain time of the day, even when you have no real appetite, then you will not digest your food properly. Acidity and indigestion begin, and this contributes to the likelihood of other more complex diseases taking root. Having an appetite is actually a sign of good health, but if you have no appetite you should wait a bit and then eat. (If you have no appetite even after awaiting a reasonable amount of time, then you should consult a doctor because something is wrong.)

4.Fast on a Regular, Systematic Basis

If you would ask any person to work 365 days per year without any rest, they would complain and say that they must have some rest or else they will break down. But we have never bothered to ask or to think about our digestive organs which we compel to work day after day without a rest. They cannot protest the way a person would to his boss, but they do give us signals that they cannot work non-stop. When we ignore those signals and still compel them to work, those organs break down. That is why periodic fasting is necessary. Refrain from eating for one complete day. This gives a rest to your digestive organs and also helps in the elimination of wastes from your body. Regular fasting allows a person to gain extra time for intellectual or spiritual pursuits. Fasting is not for hermits in a cave, but is a sensible practice that anyone can practice.

5. Wash with cool water before going to bed

As mentioned above, proper sleep is essential for the maintenance of health. If you wash your important motor and sensory organs (hands, arms, eyes, legs, mouth, genitals) before sleep using cool water, this will relax you and prepare you for deep sleep.

6. Perform meditation on a regular basis

Your body is linked to your mind. Many of the diseases of this era are psychosomatic. Stress and anxiety take their toll on our physical health. Meditation is a mental exercise which, among other things, allows you to detach yourself from the worries of life. Learn a simple technique and do it regularly.

7. Get up early every day

Once again the old proverb, “Early to bed, early to rise makes a person healthy, wealthy and wise.” I don’t know if it will make you wealthy, but it will certainly make you healthy. Your body needs just enough sleep, not too much and not too little.

Aqruub

We should always make sure we get enough rest at least 6 hours sleep daily so as to make the brain function properly and also boost our immune system

Barin

having a healthy life is important so that we can be able to live long because if you you don't have a healthy life you will be experiencing different kind of diseases and infections so it is better for her to make sure we take proper good care of our health so that it can increase our life span we should make sure we eat healthy foods that will make us to be more healthier and nourish our body for us and also help to boost our immune system because all these are important for us to have a healthy life

Zina

eating of balanced diet is very important when you want to have a long and healthy life because it will provide nutrients that will nourish our body and prevent us from developing some certain diseases in the body which will make us to be more healthy and we should also make sure that you have avoid unnecessary calories food as it will cause high cholesterol in the bodywhich can lead to you being obese or overweight and when you are obese or overweight you can never be healthy because it increases the risk of you developing diseases in the body

Zerinm

Those who want to have a healthy life must make sure they abide to healthy rules for their diet by eating balanced diet

Juniha

You should make sure you eat regularly so as to prevent ulcer and also make sure you consume balanced diet

Zerina

having a long life and healthy life is not a problem if you make sure you eat healthy food, engage in exercise and go for a regular checkup

Kola

Verified member
To have a long and healthy life one has to stop drinking or smoking.because it's a dangerous and make the person who drinks it to die Young.also eat healthy food Rich in balance diet, a food that has all the nutrients in the right proportion.also eat a lot of fruits it help the body a lot and also prevent the risk of having disease.it also provide the body with essential nutrients and vitamins.also do a lot of exercise it helps the body a lot

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
To eat a healthy and long life one need to take good care of the body.
Likewise one should make sure that he is eating good food or balance diet .
Good exercise is also important because it help body and mind to be at wake all the time. Eating if fruit is also good because fruit contain fibre which usually help to prevent body system from external attack

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Exercise is the most important of it all for me because that is what will give strength to the body cells and improve blood circulation and supply, deep breathing is another form of exercise that can provide extra oxygen to all cells of the body.. all these things are needed for good maintenance of the body and strengthen of the immune system.

Empress

Verified member
Thanks for the information our health should be our first priority because health is wealth we should also try to avoid stress it is not good for the body and I also like the idea of exercise it makes to be fit and also burn excess fat for the body all the exercise are actually good for the body if we can adapt to all that I don't we will have problem with health issues like we having enough sleep so we can be very active we should try to always have like six hours sleep everyday it is very important for our health

Bashbash

Eat well. The secret lies in eating a varied and balanced diet, and making sure you put your body’s needs are at the top of the list. Remember that if you have too much of one thing, you’re likely missing out on another! Be wary of health crazes and fad diets. You need to ask yourself, “Can I do this forever?” Approaching your diet from a lifestyle perspective can help good ,
Exercise A physically active lifestyle can help stave off a host of health problems, from heart disease to obesity. Even if it’s just a little bit a day, aim for consistency and increasing your amount and intensity over time. Not only can physical activity increase the number of years you live, it can also dramatically improve the quality of those years.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I have include exercise into my daily routine and I begin to feel good about myself once again. I am experiencing sound sleep these days unlike before. I am planning to include garlic and ginger into my diet together with honey. I learnt about is that the combination of the three can bring down the cholesterol in the body system.

Jonaville

Your point about eating is what I appreciate the most. Most people just eat and eat because there is abundance of food for them. Before they know it, problems start to set in, they become overweight, have stomach problems and find it hard to bear it when food is not around regularly.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I think I need to consume more of water these days. I am not a fan of drinking too much water anytime I finish eating food or when I am going on diet. But I think I need to inculcate it into my habit so that it will become part of me. I even learnt that drinking lots of water we get rid of malaria parasite in the body system. I will start with a jar of water in a day.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Health is wealth truly. And those tips are really cool in making us live a healthy life. We need to eat, exercise and sleep very well. Aside all these, we need to watch what we take in. We should desist from some acts like heavy smoking and drinking and even regulate sex

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Those are very good tips to living a long and healthy lifestyle. I have been trying to practice that of you sleeping early and waking up early and it is going great. Not only do I feel more relaxed, but I have also been able to achieve so much in both my offline and online work.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Few days ago I discovered that I am not engaging in exercise enough and this is affecting my health. I have come up with a plan on how I am going to do exercise everyday no matter how small the time I am located for it. I want to regain back my stamina and improve my health, exercising is one of the cheapest means for me.