To find success as an affiliate, having a good deal of persistence, patience, and diligence is imperative. That being said, what determines your success as an affiliate is the amount of traffic you can drive to your affiliate links, yet that is just a sign that you are doing something right. Here are a few tips that will put you on the right track to becoming a successful affiliate:
Regards -> NegociosCPM2021
- Choose your niche: When choosing your niche, I recommend you go for something that piques your interest. It’s not obligatory to like the niche you choose, but I personally find it difficult to advertise or sell products that I’m not genuinely interested in. It would be best to consider the popularity of the niche you choose and the amount of competition you’re up against.
- Find an affiliate product: After choosing your niche, you need to find an affiliate product. A simple google search will provide ample results as the internet is flooded with companies searching for affiliates. It might be tempting to go for the more lucrative products; however, I recommend choosing a product that’s easy for you to talk about. It will be challenging to sell an antivirus when you don’t know what constitutes a good one. It goes without saying, the product you choose should have obvious value both to you and to your potential clients.
- Create a landing page: A blog is a must. When they're curious about a product, the first thing anyone does is to google it, which often leads to reading someone's blog post on said product. You can create a blog for free on Wordpress or Blogger, though going for a paid plan unlocks more features and usability.
- Create quality content: You can write articles that address a certain problem or set of problems your product can solve on your blog. Or, you can go for the straightforward approach and talk about the product itself, its usability, strengths, weaknesses, and what sets it apart from its contenders. Though your purpose is to sell, it’s best to avoid sounding like a salesperson. Make your articles reader-centric and easy to read. From personal experience, I can tell you that the only way to get better at writing is to keep on doing it. Note that your articles should contain a fair amount of your affiliate links, either embedded to the name of your product or call-to-action buttons and banners.
- Build an email list: Building an email list is a must. You can do that by scouring the internet for emails and sending cold outreach emails promoting your products, or you can include an opt-in form in your blog for people to sign up to receive emails from you regularly. Building an email list is essential to establish rapport, build trust with potential clients and raise brand awareness. If you don’t know the first thing about building an email list.
- Generate traffic to your landing page: After writing a bunch of articles, now it’s time to attract attention to your landing page. To do that, you have several options:
- For starters, being active on social media is a great way to generate organic traffic, and it’s a great way to get to know your audience. Find and join social groups that are centered around your niche or products similar to yours. Engage other users, and focus on building rapport, providing value and assistance referring to your landing page within context.
- Second, I suggest creating a YouTube channel to publish tutorials. YouTube tutorials are another form of content, and they’re a great way to showcase your product and help people understand its usability. Don’t forget to refer your viewers to your landing page verbally and by adding links in your description.
- In addition to social media, Q&A websites such as Quora are a great source of organic traffic. You can search for questions about products similar to yours or questions about problems that your product can solve. Try to answer people’s questions genuinely, providing value and guidance referring to your landing page every 4 or 5 answers. You can also create your own space or be a contributor in as many spaces as you can. There, you can paste your articles or snippets of them (minus the affiliate links as that will get you banned), making featured images using Canva to make them look appealing.
- You can always pay to advertise your content. Almost all social media and Q&A platforms offer the option of paid advertising. I personally recommend using Quora ads as they target very specific people.
- Using your email list, you can launch an email marketing campaign. There are plenty of email marketing services such as Sendinblue, Getresponse, Mailwiz, Mailchimp, and so on. Note that email marketing campaigns are fairly expensive, but they’re highly effective.
- Use a link shortener to track your progress: It doesn't matter how good your content is or how valuable your services are if you're not getting the right number of visits and ultimately clicks. To increase the number of clicks, your posts, from headline to the featured image, to the URL, should be optimized. Shortening your links is very important for several reasons, some of which are:
- First of all, shorter URLs increase traffic to your websites as clients are more likely to click your links if they're shortened. Also, normal links don't get shared as often because they take up a lot of space in e-mails or texts. Besides, they get corrupted in the process too often.
- Second, link shortening tools give you analytics that helps you track your clicks. You would be able to track the source of your clicks and the time when they happened. This way, you will be able to track your progress and have a better idea of which posts or websites are working best for you to adjust your strategies accordingly.
- Finally, using a link shortener, you can customize your short links to include the name of your website or your services, which raises your brand's visibility and recognition.
Regards -> NegociosCPM2021