A pensioner choosing to live alone or to live with the married children

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic is a usual quandary of pensioners. In fact, my father underwent this issue when my mother died. He was staying in our ancestral home in our country but due to the urging of my youngest sister, my father went to the US to live with my youngest sister. But he failed to realize that his daughter may have evil intentions.

When you are alone at home and your married child is inviting you to live with them, would you agree? You have to note that you will be the baby sitter for your grandchildren although I am not saying it is bad. If you live alone you have all the time for yourself. When you live with another family then for sure you will be subject to their rules and regulations.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It is better to be staying with one family as a pensioner. There is need of running away from responsibilities, because I see not staying with families as a way of running and shunning ones responsibility. Aside this, a pensioner still needs to en keeping himself socially active by surrounding himself with his family.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I belive that whenever some one is at that age after retirement there are some things that one need to cushion about.
One should not stay alone because of any accident that may occur ( I mean home accident) so that some one cab quickly come to his aid. And it will album reduce unnecessarily thinking of nor seeing any body to talk to.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I don't think tow generations should live under the same roof. If you live with your adult kids or if you are living with your parents, you might have noticed how often you lock your horns. A senior citizen with an income source should live alone, if you are independent, your kids will love you more.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I belive that whenever some one is at that age after retirement there are some things that one need to cushion about.
One should not stay alone because of any accident that may occur ( I mean home accident) so that some one cab quickly come to his aid. And it will album reduce unnecessarily thinking of nor seeing any body to talk to.
That is another angle to look at it. At this stage, the pensioners are prone to some body weaknesses which may need attention of people to quickly come to their aid. That is even enough reason not to allow them to be staying alone in the house. Welcome back, I really missed most of your topics and your intellectual comments.

Mika

VIP Contributor
My parents do not live with me. My father is a pensioner. He receives enough pension to support himself and mother. When ever he falls short of funds (when he has to spend a lot of money on medical bills, an operation for example), I am always there to look after him. I believe if you have income you should live independently.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
My parents do not live with me. My father is a pensioner. He receives enough pension to support himself and mother. When ever he falls short of funds (when he has to spend a lot of money on medical bills, an operation for example), I am always there to look after him. I believe if you have income you should live independently.
You are a such a responsible child. The fact is that no matter how much money those parents have, they need us when they are young. We are their fathers as the adage always says. A son is the father of the man. We should just be around them to care for them an make them happy.

MOSIUR

Actually it would be very difficult to solve an issue without knowing the facts from both sides. Generally, a father loves his all children equally as a father I realize it. If I am asked where I want to live after pension with my son or my daughter, certainly I will not be able to answer. I have the same value with my son or daughter. Of course, it may be changeable because of situation. Thanks for writing the issue.