A regulatory body for blogs will improve the industry

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
With the proliferation of fake news and false information in the internet the bloggers are mentioned as a contributing factor. I have mentioned in one of my posts about a very popular blogger who was even appointed as undersecretary by our country’s president because she had helped in the election campaign. That’s a political reward all right but that’s another story. That blogger has many fake news on her blogs like every week. Her blogs would attract readers like when her blog said that there is no more US visa required for Filipinos. You can imagine the jubilation… unfortunately it was fake news.

Anyway, my take on blogging is the regulatory body. A certified blogger can be penalized for publishing fake news. A country’s government agency can start a commission for bloggers that will create a directory for certification. That will at least put some order in the blogging industry.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Humans are like that when it comes to money making, they don’t mind tarnishing people’s image to make money. But it is good now that some of these people they write false news about for their selfish gains are suing them now. But I agree with you there should be a body of regulation

Mika

VIP Contributor
You cannot regulate blogs and bloggers. But you can regulate news sites and the owner of the news sites. In my home country, there is a law that allows the government to shut down the news site that disseminates fake news. During the pandemic, a lot of sites were shut down by the government for publishing fake news.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
You cannot regulate blogs and bloggers. But you can regulate news sites and the owner of the news sites. In my home country, there is a law that allows the government to shut down the news site that disseminates fake news. During the pandemic, a lot of sites were shut down by the government for publishing fake news.
My idea is something like Google will have a registry of certified websites. It is just like a directory of websites but has a slight control because Google will hold the identity of the owner that would include all information pertinent to the website. When the site violates the code of conduct then Google can rate the site with a very low score.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you are using Facebook, Facebook will have control over the content you create. If you are using YouTube, YouTube will have control over your content. However, in order to blog we need a website and on your website no one can exercise control. If there was some sort of control, there would be end of free speech