Accepting retirement is not easy

iamawriter

When my husband was about to retire I could see how distressed he was. After all being busy and important and suddenly a nobody was too much for him. I composed this poem just for him

RETIREMENT BLISS NOT BLUES

When retirement age draws near,
There lurks an unknown fear,
Of being a nobody…….
Once a somebody!!
How Faulty this thinking is,
When life gets a fresh lease,
To do what one really wants,
With none to boss with shouts and taunts.
Doing things at a tarried pace,
No more to rush or race,
Stopping by to smell the flowers,
Sitting by the sea for hours.
Relaxing in ones favourite chair,
With no tension, not a care,
Doing what one wants to do,
With hobbies revived and interests too.
Plenty of time to cheer the weary,
Share it with the said and dreary,
The world needs these mature minds,
Among them are some rare finds.
Cheer up all you about to retire,
The world as you think is not on fire,
Move forward with a healthy mind,
And happiness, you are sure to find.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have saved money for my retirement to augment my monthly pension. The main problem of a pensioner is money. But I discovered that occupation is important. Being idle all day can make me crazy. That is one good thing with online work. I have an occupation even if the earnings are meager. At least I keep myself busy every day.

Cinderella

I have saved money for my retirement to augment my monthly pension. The main problem of a pensioner is money. But I discovered that occupation is important. Being idle all day can make me crazy. That is one good thing with online work. I have an occupation even if the earnings are meager. At least I keep myself busy every day.
That is what I am doing now. I am saving money in any way possible so that I could start a good business before I retire. I want to retire from my current work but I don't want to be idle. I only want to have time to do the things that I want at me own pace and without someone telling me what to and what not to do.

I have so many plans but starting those requires time and of course capital. So I need to save more and make more from my current activities.

iamawriter

Unless you have something firm giving up a job is not advisable . Wish you good luck

Good luck

Verified member
It is not easy to accept retirement but one must stop working one day.you can continue to work till infinity.there is a particular time you will have to leave the work officially to rest.though a lot of people backdate their age so as not to retire early due to issue of getting their renumeration or benefits after leaving the company or organization they served for so many years.

iamawriter

Someone fibbing one's age is rare and not ethical either. If one plans one's retirement accepting it will be easier specially the financial aspect.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Retirement is not easy especially when you have acclimatize to the job already. When you are use to doing a particular job, you may have been accustomed to that routine and to leave may be extremely difficult. But what we can do, is to start a business and get ourself busy.

iamawriter

Retirement is not easy especially when you have acclimatize to the job already. When you are use to doing a particular job, you may have been accustomed to that routine and to leave may be extremely difficult. But what we can do, is to start a business and get ourself busy.
Getting mentally prepared as the time draw near could help overcome that fear. Also planning some activity to keep oneself happily occupied is the way to go