Accident insurance in the workplace

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have read the news that some companies are violating the ordinance of having an accident insurance in the work place or office. Their reason is the insurance are charging so much for the premium and since the number of persons that are in the work place are only few so the insurance premium should be lower. I can agree to that. The insurance premium should be based on the number of people in the work place because the lesser people there then the lesser the chance of accident.

Sometimes the insurance system is not in sync with the times. Now that we are in the pandemic era the insurance companies should understand that most employees are working from home. Once the office has 50 employees and now that there are only 10 who come to the office to work that should have an impact on the insurance premium payments. I don’t know if some companies have received a rebate or refund.

Mika

VIP Contributor
There are two ways to get insured as an employer if you work in hazardous conditions where the risk of accidents is very high. You can either get insured individually or your company can insure you. In my home countries, not many companies offer insurance for their employees working in hazardous conditons.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
There are lots of companies violating the manadatory accident insurance policy in workplaces . There are lots of factories owned by foreigners, i don't want to mention the name of the country, that boycott the accident insurance by giving bride to the regulatory bodies.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I am sure this type of policy would be found under business insurance. It is a good one though. Especially when the organization deals with factory work which includes the using of machines to carry out some job. During the process, accidents do happens sometimes and nobody is above mistake

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think such insurance is common among workplace that deals with harm ful equipment , and I noticed that the higher the danger available in workplace that could cause the accident , the more the insurance premiums that would be paid by the person insuring against such type of risk ,

Phabbyfundz

In the world of insurance there has been provisions made for work related accidents but for anyone who is insured under this kind of policy be it government owned or by private insurer, the insured forfeits the right to sue the company owner or employer for accidents caused his or her own negligence.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
In the world of insurance there has been provisions made for work related accidents but for anyone who is insured under this kind of policy be it government owned or by private insurer, the insured forfeits the right to sue the company owner or employer for accidents caused his or her own negligence.
If he did it on purpose just because he want to gain premium then he might be persecuted , except he didn't do it on purpose but negligence might be tolerated since it wasn't on purpose but the only issue is that the insurance company won't cover the risk anymore I think

MOSIUR

Not only in your country but also in many countries, many insurance companies are violating the ordinance given by them before. Yea! Decreasing people in different work places are now common during COVID-19. So, the some companies are in great risk and they change conditions, rules, and regulations one after another. Thanks for the post.

Nite

Valued Contributor
The employees at the workplace are exposed to various risks, specially if it's a manufacturing unit. To ensure employees protection, it's paramount that employers purchase an accident insurance plan. Having an accident insurance will get the employers a group discount based on the size of their company, at the same time the employees feel protected.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
People that mostly needs this kind of insurance are factory workers because accident may occur at any time. this actually reminds me of someone who died sometime ago while working for a factory because of the malfunction of one of the machines. companies or factory he should try as much as possible to provide this kind of insurance to their workers.