Active workers or pensioners?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
At times I do wonder who is to he given much priority in some dicey situations. I don't know whether of for instance, government is unable to pay salary maybe for some reasons or the other, who should the government consider first between the active workers and the pensioners.
The active workers have worked for at least 30 days and expecting salary to meet up some daily and investment. While pensioners have also labored some of the lifetime in working for government.
So who do you think government should consider first between the active workers of the pensioners that depend on pension for survival in a situation where government cannot afford the two payment at a time?

Jonaville

I don't think there should be a choice like that. Favouring one over the other is definitely unfair, because both have laboured to a great extent. The active workers have worked for the past month, so denying them their salary should be out of the question. Also, the pensioners have laboured for the greater part of their lives working for the government, so denying these ones there pension too will not be a nice thing to do.
So I believe both groups should be treated importantly. I'm sure a situation won't arise where the government won't be forced to choose who to pay between active workers and pensioners.

IamDozzy

I don't think there should be a choice like that. Favouring one over the other is definitely unfair, because both have laboured to a great extent. The active workers have worked for the past month, so denying them their salary should be out of the question. Also, the pensioners have laboured for the greater part of their lives working for the government, so denying these ones there pension too will not be a nice thing to do.
So I believe both groups should be treated importantly. I'm sure a situation won't arise where the government won't be forced to choose who to pay between active workers and pensioners.
You are absolutely right, I do not believe governments all over the world wants to be in such a situation where they have to choose between paying pensioners or active workers because it's totally unfair to be very honest. Pensioners money should have already been budgeted before the pensioner retires and all active workers deserve their wages because they have worked for it and they have bills and families to feed .

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
It looks like your government has a problem with finances that they don’t pay the government workers regularly. We are lucky that it never happened. But you see there is the politics in play that the pensioners are given a priority. Over here the seniors are also given priority although other things considered the government workers will always be paid regularly.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
All is to be given priority since they are affiliated under the government stewardship. Is the government duty to make sure the salaries of pensioners and active civil servants are meet regularly at the due time and not skipping any month without paying. Here in my country the salaries of pensioners and active civil servants aren't much, so skipping one and paying the other doesn't worth it. Since they need to carter for themselves with such low monthly stipend.

Samuel72

Verified member
I suggest the government should consider paying the active workers this is because the active workers are still working and also they are upcoming, they have more bills to pay and also they can easily resign from work if they are not being paid salary but as for the pensioners they can be patient and they can also get another job for themselves.