Add value to yourself before you start making money online.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Sometimes, I do feel eager to make money online but most times, I really feel lazy to do so. I could remember the moment I would tell myself that I want to learn some skills online but I would find myself not fulfilling the promises. Not because I don't need it want money but because I do have the feeling that, do we live to make money only?

This makes me sound so strange to some people but the fact is that we don't really need to make money first but to add value to ourselves. This has been the reason why making money has sounded like a feat that cannot be accomplished. How can we add value to ourselves?

Connecting to people that have really made miles in their line of works will surely help us on adding value to ourselves. These people will surely show us the ways and steps we need to take in order to be the best version of ourselves

To be honest, reading cannot be overemphasized. The more we read, the more we will be exposed to new ideas and new ways of getting things done. It is impossible to see a successful business man that doesn't read.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Making money online most times depends on the level of knowledge you have. There is no way you can be able to make money on the internet if you are not really very much motivated and if you do not have the willingness to monetize your time online you will probably end up wasting your time.

It is always very advisable that anyone who wants to make money on the internet should first of all learn the necessary things required of the business he or she wants to go into then before putting the work into action. People who make tangible money on the internet and create passive income streams for themselves actually spend a lot of time on the internet doing particular things on daily basis on the achiever results.

There is no way you can be able to achieve tangible results on the internet if you don't spend a lot of time and discipline yourself very well.

Someone who taught me affiliate marketing some time ago, said that he can spend up to 15 hours or more on daily basis working on the internet. you really need to add value and gain the necessary knowledge required before you venture into a particular online business in order to succeed.

Skysaint

Verified member
This is exactly what most people don't really understand about earning money online. People are just so eager to start the earning phase and pays no attention to the learning process not knowing that one thing comes before another.
I have seen people attend graphics design classes that will last for just three days and after the class they will call themselves graphics designers. And as such demanding way to low amount to make quack designs. I have seen a graphics designer demanding for $2 to create logo for someone and at the very end the logo will really look like a $2 logo worth.
Someone once told me that when it com s to freelancing, you keep learning till the letter L falls off and you will automatically see your earning. Not just earning but earning a very good amount for the value you have added to yourself.
When someone adds value to themselves, people will be willing to pay to get that value. Most freelancers, not just freelancers but very many businesses out there actually "pay less attention to the process but are only focused on the outcome". That should be a characteristic of a customer and not the producer.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes, most online business could be so stressful , you might even be thinking of giving up especially if you're combining it with an offline business.

Well that's normal because most times online business deal with serious thinking and a lot of brain activities which might even left you exhausted even more than someone who was exerting his or her physical energy , most especially for content writers and programmers because they use the most brain when performing their online activities and assignments .

For now I have a lot of things to do offline and Because of that , I don't really focus in most online businesses as i used to . Probably when I am done , I will still concentrate to create quality posts on this platform and do so many things to earn more .

It's not really easy, most people who are interested to start earning online will always come to find out that it is not really easy as most of them will be thinking , we just have to dedicate ourself and allowed everything to take it natural shape. You may be so disappointed if you are so eager to make money online without having what to do.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
One of the main complains from people working online is they are not earning much. I am always surprises when I hear a statement like this. How can people say they are not earning much when we have platforms like Fiverr and Upwork where we can easily make full time income. How can people complain about not earning money when you can earily earn money from youtube, tiktok, facebook, etc. How can you say you are not earning money when there are a lot of business opportunities online that ca be started for free, for instance printful, redbubble, etc. One of the major problems with people trying to make money online is they do not attempt to work on something that is fruitful instead start working on something that is low paying. Why should you choose to clear floors in a hotel to make money instead of working as a front desk manager or eve a kitchen manager. What I am trying to say is why should you work on micro job sites for cents when you have an opportunity to make at least $5-$10 from a single task on freelancing sites. The key to earn is develop skills and work on the right platform.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am a programmer, and most of my earnings come from designing and developing websites and mobile apps. However, in order to maximize my earning potential and in order to occupy myself when I did not have any programming related assignments, I started doing a lot of things like writing articles on article sites, posting on forums, selling on online marketplaces, blogging, etc. I did not have any experience and knowledge in writing, selling, blogging, etc. However, I added value to myself by learning how to write, how to do SEO, how to do digital marketing, how to use online marketplaces, etc. If you want to work online and if you want to make real money, you need to add value to yourself, adding value means equipping yourself with knowledge and skills. When you are trying to build knowledge and skills, you will have to look into two areas, one, whether the knowledge and skill you are trying to learn have commercial value or not, and two, whether you are actually interested in learning this knowledge and skill. If you don't have interest, you will never be able to learn, even if you learn, you will not be very good at it.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Having discussed many reasons to ensure we add value to ourselves, and almost everybody that comments affirmed the reasons why we need to add value to ourselves lest we won't be making enough money online. There is need to talk about the reasons why people don't want or are nit adding values to themselves even when they know they need it.

Laziness is number one reason. Most people find adding values to themselves as being difficult. In fact, most people always procastinate. Though, I have found myself in this before. I could remember when a friend asked me to read an article that has more than 3000 pages on how to be a good website flipper. I didn't read them instead I was looking for a short cut.

Myopic thinking is what is disturbing others. They don't even think beyond their current level. They are always satisfied with the level they are. They always believe that their present position is the best thing they can achieve. This has rendered some people useless.

In conclusion, adding values to ourselves will make us more prone to many opportunities. And these opportunities may fetch us fortune if we try to actualize them judiciously.