Affiliate marketing is fake don't waste your time and money

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money, but it's also a scam. You see, the people who run these scams know that most people aren't going to be able to make any money from affiliate marketing. They know that most people won't even be able to break even. But they know that there are a few people out there who are willing to go all in and give it a shot anyway—and those few people can make a lot of money in the process.

That's why you see so many affiliate marketing scams: because there are a lot of people out there who don't seem like they're going to have much success with this stuff, but if someone can trick them into giving up their money… then it's not really their fault.

So when you see an announcement from someone saying that they've been hired by [company name] as an affiliate marketer, think twice before clicking on anything that comes through your email inbox. I will rather advice you go into blogging, YouTube, or Amazon kdp, it will take a lot of time as there are no get rich quick scheme anywhere, ideally, but will end up making money.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you go with a random company just because they are offering high commissions for affiliate marketing, you will surely be scammed. However, if you are doing affiliate marketing for reputed companies, you will never be scammed. For example, you can become an affiliate marketer for Amazon or Clickbank. These are trusted affiliate networks, you don't even need a website to do affiliate marketing for these companies. They have a proper affiliate sales tracking system, and you will get every penny you earned. A lot of trusted companies also have their own affiliate program, which they run on their own or work through another company. For example, if you want to do affiliate marketing for namecheap or ipage, you will have to join the affiliate program through Inpact Radius. Namecheap and ipage are trust worthy companies, so you will never be cheated. You can also try affiliate marketing for stock or crypto trading platforms.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I don't think that affiliate marketing is a scam. it's just that sometimes we can't just get it right and at the end of the day we are not making money and you look as if the whole
program is a scam . I have been an affiliate for a while now but I'm yet
to make money but does that make affiliate marketing a scam I will say capital no because I've seen a lot of persons that made money through affiliate marketing I think onc location also one's success of affiliate marketing program

if you are in the tier 2 countries it might be difficult to get people to click through your affiliate links especially from people in tier one countries which seems like the good amount of people that buys from online are in the tier one countries. So being in tier 2 countries isn't really helping people that are in it.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Well if it is the affiliate marketing they run in Nigeria, then it is obviously a scam, whenever something sounds too good to be true then it is certainly false, I see them a lot on Facebook, I don't waste my time with them I just hide their post, they will tell you that you have to buy a course and then register your friends and then sell the same course to them, like there is not any inherently valuable product behind that, just sheer pyramid scheme, where you have to rob peter in other to pay paul, really pathetic.

And because of lack of independent thoughts, people jump on the bandwagon only to later come out to cry foul, that they are scammed or stuffs like that, I agree that there are some legit affiliate offers out there that deals with referral but for most they have a standalone product.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Affiliate marketing is not a scam per se but the reason why so many people think that it does not work is because they lack basic knowledge of how to promote their products effectively and make some good amount of money from it.

If you do not have proper knowledge before going into affiliate marketing it will be very difficult for you to make any money from it. There are so many YouTubers who always give fake videos about affiliate marketing and at the end of the day people will not be able to make any money.

If you are very serious in going into affiliate marketing you must be ready to spend money in order to acquire the necessary knowledge required. I always advise people to go to platforms like Udemy to buy affiliate marketing courses because there are a lot of things you will learn which will actually help you to make some good money.