Affiliate Marketing VS Adsense Which One Is More Lucrative For A Blog

moonchild

VIP Contributor
These two are the best ways to monetize a blog and this article is focused on which one of them is more profitable to involve in, most websites combine the both and that will give excellent results, I personally think adsense is easier and the best way to earn because with adsense you don't control anything and your revenue grows exponentially while to make money with affiliate marketing you need readers to take action and mostly is buying a product, which doesn't happen regularly.

Affiliate marketing can bring in more money if you have massive traffic to leverage on because affiliate commissions are high depending on the platform you use while adsense depends on the method of interaction of the ads by your readers.

To make a sound decision on which one is the best, we need to look at different metrics and factors like traffic, traffic source and others.

What's your experience on this and which one do you think one should prioritize, to attract users that are capable of buying products through your affiliate links you need to target high income countries and provide first hand review of the items you're affiliated with while adsense on the other hand doesn't have such stringent rules.

Please share your thoughts with me

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't have a single experience in any of them, but if I have a website with I rather concentrate to have both of them at the same time because you can use your website for affiliate marketing purposes and at the same time you can still make money with Google adsense and that is what most bloggers are doing.. affiliate marketing may be profitable most especially if you have an opportunity to gain traffic from top countries because those are always the most important thing people are always interested of, the same is also applicable to Google adsense because if you're able to get traffic from top countries you can also make more money with Google adsense but I believe the amount of money you will make from affiliate marketing will be more if both of them are to be put into consideration, the only thing is that for you to be able to make money with affiliate marketing with your website you need to have an understanding of affiliate marketing whereas with Google adsense you don't really have to learn much about it as you can easily monetize your website when you have all the required to do so.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think that both affiliate marketing and adsense earnings entirely depend on how your visitors make use of your blog. If they prefer clicking on ads, then adsense could be a good option for you, but if they prefer purchasing products through affiliate links on your blog, then you may earn a good amount of commissions on your blog. The problem with both the models is that neither of them guarantee income, so I think a CPM-based model is a kind of model which you may need to consider when it comes to making income online. However, CPM model also depends much on high-quality traffic.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Both of them have their own advantages as well as the disadvantages. The one you are going to choose depend on your choice and the end goal of the blog you established.

You can start making money with affiliate marketing on your blog wild you have to wait for some time to generate enough traffic before you start making money with Google adsense.

I think the best thing is to combine both of them together so as to maximize their earning potential of your blog.

If you have only Google adsense on your blog, you can as well as affiliate links to eat as this will have a positive effect on the revenue generated by the blog.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you ask me this question, I will tell you Adsense is more profitable than affiliate marketing. However, if you ask this question to a blogger who is making a lot of money as an Amazon associate, he will tell you that earning with affiliate marketing is better than adsense. You don't know which one is better until you try yourself. When I stated blogging, affiliate marketing and adsense both were in my mind. I started using both, but for 4 months, I did not earn a single penny with amazon but made some money on adsense. For me adsense worked.