Are Paid Forum Posters Also Categorised As "Writers"?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I have been working as a paid writer for a long time. I am not a professional writer at all. In fact, I am a freelance writer in the sense that I tend to make money by posting posts and threads on various forums. I am serving the forum owners in this manner. However, this does not mean that I have never worked as a writer in a different sense. In the past few years, I have written articles and content for many people and get paid for that. This means that I can consider myself as a writer. The fact of the matter is that there are different kinds of writers in the world.

Some of them are technical writers and some of them are academic writers. Since I am a paid poster, do you think that I also fall under the category of "writers"? Regardless of whatever you may think, I think that technically, I am a writer because I am writing content, am I write? I think that we may seriously need to categorise writers and make sure that forum posters also get classified as writers. So, what do you think about this? Do you think that forum posters are also writers?

First of all we need to know what writing is. A writer is anyone who is able to form a readable, comprehend able and informative piece of text. In forum posting, you have to be able to achieve the above aims.

Therefore I always categorize myself as a writer because I post on forums. Indeed forum posters are writers because the do the work of writing. I don't care if someone thinks otherwise but actually if you are a writer and you are able to write in forums, then you are certainly a writer.

But even at that there are others forms of writing which are seen as the actual forms of writing even though they are not the only forms of writing, but are a bit more formal and therefore regarded as the actual writing job.

But as far as am concerned, a forum posters is a writer and should be classified as one

It depends on the type of forum posting. If the forum posting involves creating original content, such as blog posts or articles, then it would be considered writing. If the forum posting is more about posting comments on existing topics, then it would not be considered writing. The term "writer" is best used for someone who creates original content, so forum posters who post original content could be considered writers.

It depends on the site. If you are considering all those who post on forum coin and other sites that the posts are very short, then they are not eligible to be called writers. It is just like sending sms and everyone can do that.

But you see this trendri, you must have a sound writing ability to earn anything here. There are no jokes here. You have to articulate an idea, spin it into words and post it up to 150 word in order to earn something substantial. I have to say that you need to have basic writing skills to succeed here.

I know how much my writing has improved since I joined this forum. I have learned to articulate ideas that I have never been familiar with. Some of us are building writing profiles here that would pay off now or in the long run. Yes, anyone that posts frequently on trendri is a writer.

We are all writers whether writing on blogs, forums or on freelancing sites we are all writers. But the only difference is the level of our writing and what our writing entails. The thing is that not because one is teaching a lower class, people would start saying such a person is no teacher. No the only difference might just be the duties carry out but the person is still a teacher.

The same is applicable to writers, we just have different categories of teachers but it doesn’t stop us from all being writers. The only thing is that we have different duties as writers. Like for forum posting, we are only to share our opinions on topics and replies. So we need to create threads on the topics we desire and replies to people will also. So we are still writing but don’t need to spend time on editing like when trying for clients.

I consider myself as a writer even though most of the writing work I do is in forums. Technically, that is right because anyone who creates content through writing is definitely a writer. It is just that writers fall under different categories. And we who write in forums are forum writers.

Then there are those who do academic writing. This is an area of writing that involves doing academic assignments that range from essays, to proposals and paper journals.

Then there are creative writers who focus on fictional writings. These are stories meant for entertainment or edutainment.

Another category of writers is blog and article writers. They focus on researching and writing articles for own blogs, other people's websites or finishing tasks in freelancing sites.

All these categories of writing have different writing methods and different clients. Others require researching while others are entirely your own creation. Whichever you choose, just make sure you know what you are doing.