Are teachers underpaid in your country?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
In my country, it is very hard to see a little child who wants to become a teacher in the future, most of them are thinking of becoming doctors, engineers, lawyers, economists and all that, it would be very difficult to see one who wants to be a teacher.
This is not unconnected to the way teachers are being treated, from low Payment to high level of them being neglected. Public schools are the only ones that offer some handsome Payment to teachers, but if you see a private school, their Payment is very small.
This now makes a lot of people not to encourage their children to pursue a teaching career.

How is the situation in your country?

IamDozzy

In Nigeria and most developing countries they are very much underpaid. Sometimes I even pity them. How do schools expect a family man earning NGN20,000 a month to pay his children school fees, take care of the house rent, food and other miscellaneous. They are really underpaid in Nigeria. This is the sole reason that even Nursery school pupils abhor the idea of being a teacher in Nigeria. But I heard Federal government teachers are better off in their payments.