Are There Useless Courses?

Vinkce

What's the lucrative course? Are some course useless in their nature?
These are some of the questions we ask ourselves when we are the point of a making the decision of which career we would chose to pursue. It may not be that easy choosing one though, but it has to be done with utmost consideration.

Well is it wise to condemn a course because we have found out that overtime people who have studied the said course, have proven to find it difficult to get jobs. If that's what you find yourself in, know that a chosen profession is lucrative according to the location where it is practiced.
In my opinion, no course is useless. Someone can study a course which is same that another person studies and they will excel differently. It then depends on personality issues. Everybody has their perculier

Jonaville

Well sometimes it is not by what you studied, but by who you know. That is especially true in my country, because you can see someone who studied agriculture working in the bank sector. You will now be wondering: how come?
That is the reality. Moreover, there is nothing like a useless course, as long as it is there in the higher institution, it was to serve a purpose. So don't be surprised if you see someone who studied a course you thought was useless actually making it big in that field.

Kennysplash

Verified member
What's the lucrative course? Are some course useless in their nature?
These are some of the questions we ask ourselves when we are the point of a making the decision of which career we would chose to pursue. It may not be that easy choosing one though, but it has to be done with utmost consideration.

Well is it wise to condemn a course because we have found out that overtime people who have studied the said course, have proven to find it difficult to get jobs. If that's what you find yourself in, know that a chosen profession is lucrative according to the location where it is practiced.
In my opinion, no course is useless. Someone can study a course which is same that another person studies and they will excel differently. It then depends on personality issues. Everybody has their perculier
Well there is really no useless course in the university, it is no longer by what you studied but by what you can do. Many companies offer training before employing people so it does not really matter what you studied anymore, just have your degree and you are good to go. Many times I have seen people working at places that are not relevant to what they studied in any way and they are doing quite well. Just get your degree and get out, what you will do will present itself.

greatguy1

Well sometimes it is not by what you studied, but by who you know. That is especially true in my country, because you can see someone who studied agriculture working in the bank sector. You will now be wondering: how come?
That is the reality. Moreover, there is nothing like a useless course, as long as it is there in the higher institution, it was to serve a purpose. So don't be surprised if you see someone who studied a course you thought was useless actually making it big in that field.
The uselessness of any course depends on its usefulness in the surrounding environment. You cannot expect someone to disturbing fishery and wildlife conservation in a landlocked country and expect to find job as soon as he or she finish studying except by traveling outside the country. Not all courses are useful, some are just used to push in the excess population of an unadmitted students into. It behoves on the admission seeking students to study hard and get good grades in the entrance examination so as not to be flushed in the useless course in the university.

Nii41

I wouldn't say there are useless courses, because getting a job these days is by connection regardless of your course. A course may seem important but if you dont have connection, your chances of getting a job are slim, although you can still be lucky. Personally I dont think there is any useless course, if a course is useless then it wouldn't exist in the first place, but people saw the need to study a particular course that's why it is set up in the first place.

greatguy1

I wouldn't say there are useless courses, because getting a job these days is by connection regardless of your course. A course may seem important but if you dont have connection, your chances of getting a job are slim, although you can still be lucky. Personally I dont think there is any useless course, if a course is useless then it wouldn't exist in the first place, but people saw the need to study a particular course that's why it is set up in the first place.
connection you say- connection only works in less developed or developing countries. In develop world connection might not really get you the job if you're not very good so it's better you study a well-recognized course instead of going for one that is not really really appreciated. You did not expect a company like Google to employe based on connection. Connection down plays the role of brilliance.

Josemendez

Verified member
When it comes to courses studied in school, there is no difficult ones ,the issue is that some countries lacks the employment opportunities for some courses. This is what makes it appear as if some courses are useless .

For example , Geology is a good course but for countries where there is little or no mining activity and other geographical activities , people who studied the course may not easily find what they need .

IamDozzy

These days I don't think there is a useless course anymore, gone are the days when you see people chasing so called “professional courses”. This is due to the rise in unemployment levels in various countries and virtually graduate of any course can work anywhere. In Nigeria to be precise, you can see a graduate of English language and Literature working in a bank as a Teller or more still a Human resources officer while a graduate of Human resources would be teaching English in a primary or secondary school. So you see, in the 21st century, no course is useless but rather having no skill at all could make you useless in the society