Are You Taking Enough Calcium And Vitamin D Supplements?

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Not sure if you're taking the right diurnal cure of calcium and vitamin D? These nutrients are veritably important to your health, especially as you grow aged. Read on to find out why!

Calcium is a mineral that supports bone health. You may not notice it, but your body constantly breaks down old bone towel and replaces it with new towel. Calcium plays an important part in this process.
Vitamin D also helps to keep bones healthy by helping your body absorb calcium.Both nutrients are plant in other foods similar as milk, yoghurt, and fish (with bones). Numerous grains, authorities, and other foods are fortified with calcium and vitaminD.

Still, some people may need further than just what they can get from their own food. This is especially true for people who have a low exposure to sun a major source of vitamin D as well as those who have difficulty absorbing calcium and vitamin D from certain foods due to certain health conditions.
Still, you could be at threat of developing osteoporosis a complaint that weakens or weakens bones, If you don't get enough calcium or vitamin D for a long time. Osteoporosis can lead to fractures ( broken bones).

Ganibade

Verified member
It good to take vitamin D and calcium supplement because calcium and vitamin D make bones to be strong and healthy.when someone has bone fractures in any part of the body. Orthopedic doctor will recommend these suppliments for quick recovery and the bones will gain normal weight.
These suppliments has side effect when taken too much of it. Only side effect is constipation. This would make excretion to be very hard. When you perceive that symptoms, you can take excess water to make stools easy,and consult doctor immediately when you notice that symptoms.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In another forum I posted that I do not take calcium supplements and I just rely on the milk that I drink every other day. One reply said that the milk is not enough and for sure my bones would shrink sooner or later. Well, I saw my father who got smaller as he aged. I think he had lost around 4 inches in height when he turned 80 and they said it was because of the lack of calcium. That made me conscious of old people because I am already old like them. I do not want to be smaller as I grow old but I don't think it can be helped. The milk that I drink is enough. My idea of life is to be natural and as long as I feel healthy so I would not mind if I become shorter from my usual height of 5 feet 7-1/2 inches.