Attending a workshop to learn new skills can give a retiree a tool to earn money

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Being retired doesn’t mean you are at the end of the road. As long as you are able-bodied and you have the skills then I believe that a retired person can still earn money in different ways. Most pensioners here want to be employed again not really for the money but more for the occupation.

In our village there is a program for the benefit of the seniors. Although the offered workshops are not free but it is surely one way of making the seniors busy with the prospect of earning money.
1) Making compost fertilizer
2) Growing seedlings and cuttings for planting materials
3) Making organic pesticides

There will be more workshops to come. Unfortunately the arrival of covid had waylaid the program that is presently suspended.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I think retirees should avoid learning skills that require physical labor. A retiree is a person who is at a certain age, most probably at least 60 years of age. It is not a good idea to do manual labor at this age. Better things would be shopkeeping, food cart business, design and crafts, etc.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Yeah, most retirees feels like the moment they are out of the workforce that's all, they don't have to exert their selves anymore, it's the end of the road for them, which is far from the truth, in today's economy you have to be very conscious of trends and hop on them.

Due to high cost of living retirement benefit might not be enough to sustain you especially if you have family, it's important to attend seminars and also connect or network with other people.to be able to make money for your self, you can also explore your interests and develop it.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I agree with you, I have resolved to still be the system of learning even when I retire. In fact, in life learning never stops till you die. So I want to always be skilled till my last days. Attending seminars and workshops is still good for a retiree. You would still gets to learn new things and acquire new skills that might just need one mental abilities and you still be making your money. So it is not a bad idea at all.