Availability of electricity as an important factor in choosing a business

Phabbyfundz

When choosing a business or before starting a business there are a lot of factors to consider before going ahead with your plans. This factors includes capital, land , labour etc but in this times when everything is made to run under electricity , electricity has become an important factor to consider before starting a business or establishing your own company.
In the third world countries or developing countries where the problems of electricity has been well sorted out and we still hear or see so many countless occasions of power outages or Ben in some areas where there is no electricity, the factors of production would tend to be considered because without electricity you cant carry out some basic task in your business, like in the case of production where you need electricity to power most if your equipment.
So before starting any business first check the availability of electricity in that area or region.

AfriPeeps Official

Electricity is a very essential factor to consider when choosing a business and the location of the business, even if you chose to use electricity generator, you cannot possible compare that with the general electricity used by many,the cost and the efficiency. However in a country where there is no regular or stable supply of electricity, you might want to consider using a generator.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Yeah, electricity is one of the important factors of production these days. For example I am currently planning on starting a fast food business. Mainly fried potatoes chips. The equipment I will use to fry them needs to use electricity. So when choosing a house to rent for this business, I will look for one that has electricity installed.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic reminds me of a small resort in the mountain top. They have solar panels for the lighting and a small generator for other needs of electricity particularly for the appliances. The owner said that it was his dream to have such a resort where it is impossible because of the lack of electricity. But he was able to improvise for that need.