Available office jobs for a college undergraduate

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
What are the available jobs in your country for someone who is not a college graduate? The standard here for hiring office personnel is the need for a college diploma. Although there are exceptions but the applicants are usually required to be college graduates. It is not easy to get a white collar job for those with no college diploma.

In the business district the undergraduate are hired as janitors, messengers, company drivers, security guards and other lowly position for the office. Even the lowest clerical positions are reserved for college graduates. That is why students are striving hard to earn a college degree because a white collar job is not only about the salary but also the prestige of working inside an air-conditioned office.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Their is enough vacancies of gigs offline for a college undergraduate to fill in and start earning some extra bucks. An undergraduate can work as a computer operator for a business shop, a receptionist, cleaner in the bank or company, chef/cook, nanny in the cache section in the school environment etc.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
There are several job opportunities for people with low level education in my country. Even, they get more opportunities than those who are highly qualified with a degree. In my country, someone with low grade education, can get the position of an Office assistance, Data clerk, Errand position, Computer operator etc....And these positions brings low pay every month for those who occupies those positions.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The mistake we do make is that we believe that white collar jobs are the only things we can delve our hands in. There are blue collar job for non graduates. They can be drivers, work as office assistants and even receptionist. Success is driven by working hard and persistence and not grade.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It is a same here in my country; if you want to enjoy the prestige of working in a good office then you must have a degree. Though a lot of times you might still need to be connected to have a good job but you should have a degree too

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Even getting a job like this in the country I recide still needs you to be fairly connected, Because there's a high competition even to get these positions. You have to know someone who knows someone,if not, no job for you. People with higher level of qualifications are still contending for those minor positions because there are no jobs anywhere. Jobs are really scarce to get.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Reply to the comment above...
The connection to the company where you apply for a job is also a big factor for employment. I pity those applicants with no recommendation or referral because they are usually in the waiting list unless the resume is excellent and very attractive to the HR officers. As the saying goes, it is not what you really know but who you know.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Banking jobs are available for undergraduates in my place In fact banking jobs is highly sought after jobs mostly with management students. Marketing jobs are also available for undergraduates. Supermarkets and malls also offer job opportunity for undergraduates but these are low paying jobs compared to banking and marketing jobs.

Mika

VIP Contributor
For people who are not graduate, the only option is to go to the Middle East and work hard to earn money. There are no jobs available for uneducated or semi-educated people in my home country. If you do not want to go to the Middle East, you will have to choose low-profile jobs.