Avoiding alcoholic drinks

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had read an article of a group against alcoholism that drinking alcohol is habit forming. Maybe I can agree to that. But my take on alcoholism is the environment. It is similar to the chronic gambler who gambles because there is gambling around him.

My younger brother was an alcoholic and he died from complications brought about by his excessive drinking. I have seen the environment that tolerated his drinking. He even moved to the rural area so that no one in his siblings would interfere with his drinking.

Come to think of it – how can an alcoholic drink when there are no alcoholic drinks around? If the environment is against alcohol then there will be no alcoholics. When I say environment that includes the people who can be the bad influence to the drinker.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You are very right. There are some countries that forbid alcoholic drinks and when you goto these countries, you won't see alcoholic companies. I think it is hypocritical to ask someone to stop drinking alcohol and yet there are influx of alcohol around him. The first step is to do away with alcohol first or make sure there is no alcohol in the environment before you start advising someone to stop.

Mika

VIP Contributor
More people die from alcohol and tobacco-related causes compared to drug-related deaths (cocaine, heroine, marijuana, etc.). That is according to various government data and also the world health organization figures. Yet, drugs are banned around the world but alcohol and tobacco (cigerattes, cigars, etc.) are openly sold.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
To a large extent I will have to agree with you. Some bad habits are formed because there are enablers around. I hope for the sake future generations we try to imbibe good habits that others can emulate. A heavy drinker hardly thinks properly or has a vibrant life, it good to take away from negative factors

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
You are very right. There are some countries that forbid alcoholic drinks and when you goto these countries, you won't see alcoholic companies. I think it is hypocritical to ask someone to stop drinking alcohol and yet there are influx of alcohol around him. The first step is to do away with alcohol first or make sure there is no alcohol in the environment before you start advising someone to stop.
If alcoholic drink is not good for the body then why is the federal ministry of health not doing anything about it ? They can bann it and make it illegal in the country .they should not just allow people to die from addiction that the are not able to stop. Alcohol and cigarettes are not good for people but the government are allowing it.