Avoiding Eye Strain while working on PC

raaman

Valued Contributor
Avoiding Eye strain while working on PC.

Those who work in the office inevitably sit in front of the computer screen for long periods of time every day. Controlling the increasing time spent on screens such as computers, laptops and cell phones while doing office work from home is a challenge.

However, there are some ways to avoid eye strain when sitting for hours in front of a computer screen. One way is changing your sitting style. For this, you can change the location of the computer frequently.

The computer monitor should be located just below your eye level. Also, the face should be at a distance of twenty to twenty-eight inches, or forty to seventy-five cm away from the computer.

blessingc

Working with a computer for a long time without protection can be very dangerous to the eyes. When working with the computer it is advised that people give some space, I mean a little distance between where they where they sit and the computer, a little space, make use of protection glasses or reduce the brightness and resolution if the computer.

I worked on the computer for many hours a day and I had an eye issue. My eyes hated brightness, I can't look ahead of me under the sun for long, neither can I make use of the computer without having chronic headache. Everything became worst as time went by without me doing anything about it. When I went on a visit to the doctor, I was told that my eyes were becoming damaged due to a long time exposure to too much brightness, then was when I started making use of medicated glasses. The brightness of the computer made my condition worst. Even though my eyes have been corrected, I still can't risk using a computer without putting on my glasses, because I don't it to repeat or become worst. So, it is very much necessary to use protection when using the computer to avoid over straining your eyes.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It all depends on people , but people that have underlying eyes condition might even be at high risk of developing eyes problem if they have to concentrate on the screen for a very long time . Well in general , even though we do not have any underlying condition , it is very important for us to be meticulous about our health as carelessness can have a long-lasting effects if we chose to ignore certain things that matters .

Personally , I have a lot of applications here on my phone that really help me to adjust my phone screen and brightness depending on the hour of the day and also at night . This has helped me because it prevents overstraining of eyes or having too much bright light on your screen that might increase your possibility of overworking your eyes .

Nowadays , I have personally decided not to really concentrate on the screen so much except it is absolutely necessary and in most times I only spend my time on the screen when I have something very important to do . If I don't have anything important to do I concentrate doing other things offline .

Shaf

Verified member
One of the effects of long screen time I've experienced is dry eyes. It was really bad I had to give up working on my phone and laptop for a few days, along with constant eye massage to help my tear ducts.

For most people, we do not realise the effects that looking at any screen for long time has, or we do ignore it especially for those who already have one eye defect or another and use glasses.

If there's a way to reduce the brightness, it would also help. I usually use the lowest setting.

One such way that we can reduce this effects is through the use of special glasses that are tinted and made especially for this purpose
Also, it's not only our eyes that are affected by long screen time is on our necks and posture.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Thanks for sharing. This is one of the major issue for people that are working online . In most cases this will definitely affect them when they concentrate so much on the screen but most importantly I always try as much as possible to avoid any situation that I have to concentrate so much on the screen , even if I have to work online I have to limited the amount of time I spend on the screen within a particular interval of time, if not it would start affecting me.

I know there are a lot of apps on Play store that might really help, but I believe some of those apps may not really be trusted and if you don't know how to sets it properly it might start affecting you more. For me I always try as much as possible to reduce my screen brightness most especially at night and I also enable night mode when trying to concentrate on the screen.

alexa36

Some ways to avoid eye strain while working on PC are to ensure proper lighting in the work area, take breaks every 20 minutes, and use the 20-20-20 rule.