General insurance Beach and windstorm insurance plan

Phabbyfundz

Property owners who live in areas covered by beach and windstorm may be insured for windstorm losses by the plan or by an individual insurance company. If an insurer has accepted all the windstorm risks it is prepared to assume, an applicant to home owners insurance may purchase a policy that excludes windstorm coverage from the home owners insurance company and pay s separate premium go windstorm coverage to the plan.
One disadvantage of beach and windstorm plan and the national flood insurance program is that the availability of insurance encourages development of coastal areas where construction otherwise would not be feasible and where task money must be spent to protect against continuous erosion to preserve the property.
In the past there was a clear delineation between coastal and urban plans with coastal properties insured under beach and windstorm plans.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is no doubt the best insurance policy for the people that stay near river or around the beach. I can recommend this type of insurance policy and as well as flood insurance policy for those kind of people because those are the common problems that can be faced by such a people.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah mostly common among people that stays closed to beach as they will get protection cover if any damage is caused by the windstorm and others , I never knew insurance still insure some natural disasters that are likely to happen , since most natural disasters are not always on their compensation note

Mr Done

Property owners who live in areas covered by beach and windstorm may be insured for windstorm losses by the plan or by an individual insurance company. If an insurer has accepted all the windstorm risks it is prepared to assume, an applicant to home owners insurance may purchase a policy that excludes windstorm coverage from the home owners insurance company and pay s separate premium go windstorm coverage to the plan.
One disadvantage of beach and windstorm plan and the national flood insurance program is that the availability of insurance encourages development of coastal areas where construction otherwise would not be feasible and where task money must be spent to protect against continuous erosion to preserve the property.
In the past there was a clear delineation between coastal and urban plans with coastal properties insured under beach and windstorm plans.
This is a good initiative but it is sad that no everyone knows about this and even the ones who are entitled to this insurance policy are not all informed about this form of insurance. Windstorm has a always been a terror to a lot of people.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Of course this kind of insurance is necessary because there will be a coverage for loss of properties in the case of windstorm or any type of natural disaster. people who live in such areas definitely need to buy a premium from insurance companies another not to lose their money and properties.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Of course this kind of insurance is necessary because there will be a coverage for loss of properties in the case of windstorm or any type of natural disaster. people who live in such areas definitely need to buy a premium from insurance companies another not to lose their money and properties.
Exactly there would be lot of properties due to the damage caused by the windstorm , but what I don't understand is if some properties are not insured the insurance company might not make move towards insuring the property , because they know the risks thats involved and how much it would really cost them trying to cover the risks

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I think I’m starting to feel confused because what you just talked about here seems like it is naturally not supported in insurance policy. It is termed as natural disaster if it happens in a plan so how come it has a policy plan for it alone. I am sure not most of insurers would have this

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This insurance plan will make Sense for those that live near areas that will be affected by natural disasters. I know that sometimes it can be a devastating situation when people are confronted with this issue so if there are plans like this to borne the losses and damages associated with this then it's good enough

Jonaville

Nice policy but if I was the one, I don't think I would risk living in the sea or river side, especially if they are prone to frequent Windstorm. What is the essence of insurance if your life is lost? Even if I work there, I will try to live as far away as possible.

Nite

Valued Contributor
If an individual lives in an area which is prone to frequent storms, then adding a Beach and Windstorm insurance is a good option for them. It's a special type of property insurance that can either be added to an individual's home insurance policy or purchased as a separate policy.