Being friendly with business rivals

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I had my retailing business I had been invited to the JC (Junior Chamber of Commerce and Industry) group. Although I did not join but I was able to attend a series of orientation that is all about managing the business. One topic that was discussed that caught my attention is the business rivalry which is to be avoided at all cost. But if it cannot be avoided then there should be a cordial or civil relationship among competitors which would be good for the industry.

I like that reasoning because in truth and in fact, businesses should be in harmony. They are there and they can all earn so why be bitter when there is a rival in the business. However, being friendly with an antagonistic competitor is so hard to do but still it is worth a try. I know of one bitter rivals that eventually became friends when they learned that they both enjoyed horse racing.

Briangsam

Being friendly with your business rivals pushes you to become the best you can be. A little healthy competition challenges entrepreneurs to develop ongoing methods to evolve and grow the business. Keeping lines of communication open between you and your competitors can help establish benchmarks by which you can measure your success.

Balinga2020

Being friendly with business rivals is a great one because it actually promotes healthy competition amongst you. It even makes it much easier to know what is actually working in the industry.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
When I had my retailing business I had been invited to the JC (Junior Chamber of Commerce and Industry) group. Although I did not join but I was able to attend a series of orientation that is all about managing the business. One topic that was discussed that caught my attention is the business rivalry which is to be avoided at all cost. But if it cannot be avoided then there should be a cordial or civil relationship among competitors which would be good for the industry.

I like that reasoning because in truth and in fact, businesses should be in harmony. They are there and they can all earn so why be bitter when there is a rival in the business. However, being friendly with an antagonistic competitor is so hard to do but still it is worth a try. I know of one bitter rivals that eventually became friends when they learned that they both enjoyed horse racing.
Hmmm... the topic is very interesting . Though as a business man/woman what we son usually like is to have a competitor around us because we do see them as enemy to our business.
Competitor some time do help so that one will be able to work hard and perform more than how we use to do when we don't have one before. Without competitor or a rivary their will not be any improvement so making friend with them wikk sure help one to know the next step to be taking.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Your experience is nice, which you shared with your rivals. You shouldn't go to war with our rivals, everyone is struggling to earn a living on earth. So their is no point of keeping malice with our rivals, we should be in peace with them, they can still be of help one way to the other in our respective business career. We should think deep to win strategies to always outshine them to make sales better than them.

Mellorando

Banned
Most business have it rival and my advice is you shouldn't have a bellicose attitude toward your rivals but instead to see ways on how you can harness them although they might not go away completely but at least you did your best without causing problem one way or the other

Lens1000

VIP Contributor

Well articulated . That's how to go about it