Benefits of Onions for Health

raaman

Valued Contributor
Onions contain protein, mineral salts and vitamins, and it nourishes our body. Onion will reduce some headaches. Frying onions will remove the constipation caused by heat. There are so many benefits to onions that we include in our daily diet.

The phosphoric acid in onions has a lot of health benefits. Sleeping with onions on the feet is good for a number of organs of the body. Onions contain anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties, which kills harmful bacteria in the body.

When you sleep with onions on the feet, it keeps the heart healthy. It also cures neck pain, and earache. Phosphoric acid contained in onion cleanses the blood and kills the bacteria. It also eliminates stomach upsets. Drinking this will reduce cough.

anil02

Verified member
Onion is a common vegetable and we can't think our meal without it. Onion is also useful is hair fall problem. Many doctors are suggesting it. Now one company launch shampoo and oil which have onion. But its smell is negative point. If after eating raw onion if we talk with some one most of don't like it

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Onion is one of the fantastic food we should always include in our dishes most of the time because they come with a lot of health benefits. Onions come with lot of antioxidants which helps to fight of free radical elements in the body system. I read it few days ago that onions can also boost the libido in men.

anil02

Verified member
In India many families can't think about vegetable without onion. It is one of the best test maker. But in India many peoples are not using it. Before some decades my family also not using onion in vegetables, but we eat it outside home. Most of vegetable are goof for our health.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Onion is very rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants herbs to get rid of any free radical molecule within the body system. Onion can be a great addition to vegetable dishes and make them taste great. My mother usually require us to grind onion and this usually brings tears to our eyes. Onion is also add to grilled miss you make them taste delicious.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Those are very good benefits of onions. I am glad that it part of my meal each day. Though I cannot ease it raw. It causes me to bloat and have so much gas in the stomach.
I have been reading about sleeping with onions on the leg. That it has health benefits, I am yet to believe that that is true.

Empress

Verified member
I don't actually like seeing onion in my food that is why I do grind it and add it to my food all because I actually want to consume it due to the benefits it brings to the body like boosting the digestive health and also reduce the blood clotting so we should always try to include it in our daily meals

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Onions contain protein, mineral salts and vitamins, and it nourishes our body. Onion will reduce some headaches. Frying onions will remove the constipation caused by heat. There are so many benefits to onions that we include in our daily diet.

The phosphoric acid in onions has a lot of health benefits. Sleeping with onions on the feet is good for a number of organs of the body. Onions contain anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties, which kills harmful bacteria in the body.

When you sleep with onions on the feet, it keeps the heart healthy. It also cures neck pain, and earache. Phosphoric acid contained in onion cleanses the blood and kills the bacteria. It also eliminates stomach upsets. Drinking this will reduce cough.
Thanks for the explanation you give and it I'll really help many of us to more Bette about the usefulness of onion in the body.
I had been hearing so many benefit of onion in the body for long and one of it is that; it help good vision. Whenever somebody have problem with eye its help to get ride of another g that is affecting eye and also make it clean.

anil02

Verified member
Onion is very rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants herbs to get rid of any free radical molecule within the body system. Onion can be a great addition to vegetable dishes and make them taste great. My mother usually require us to grind onion and this usually brings tears to our eyes. Onion is also add to grilled miss you make them taste delicious.
It is right that onion have many medicine properties. It is also useful in curing boils and pimples. For many families they can't think for vegetable without onion. And it is also essential part of salad. We have tears in eyes when we chop it because it have sulphur. It vaporate at the time of chopping. If we crash whole onion before chopping and grinding we have less tears.

General01

Health Benefits of onions are innumerable
In addition to the above important benefits

Onions are a good source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber and are known to offer a variety of health benefits, such as:

Lower Risk of Cancer
Many kinds of onions contain a wealth of chemicals that help fight cancer. Onions are among the richest food sources of a nutrient called quercetin, which is known to prohibit the activity or creation of cancer-causing elements.
A quercetin-rich diet has been associated with a lower risk of developing lung cancer.

Lower Risk of Heart Disease and Stroke
Onions contain organic sulfur compounds. These compounds are the reason why onions have such a sharp, strong taste and smell. Organic sulfur compounds help reduce the level of cholesterol in your body and may also help break down blood clots, lowering your risk for heart disease and stroke.

You should eat onions raw rather than cooked to get the most sulfur compounds from them.

Diabetes Control
Both the quercetin and organic sulfur compounds found in onions are known to promote insulin production, making them a helpful vegetable choice for those with diabetes.

Lower Risk of Alzheimer’s Disease
Flavonoids come from plants and are found in particular abundance in onions. One study has found that those who consume a long-term diet high in flavonoids decrease their risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease.

Our health is important.
It is our responsibility to stay healthy

anil02

Verified member
In these days diabetes is a common health problem because of life style. If once we have it than we have to take pills for whole life. I also have diabetes and I am taking pills everyday. Due to health problem it is not possible for me to workout. Thanks for telling that onion is helpful is diabetes problem