Best Blogging Platform: Blogspot

cmoneyspinner

Many people who have been blogging for years will say that WordPress is the bess blogging platform. I will admit that it is a fantastic platform. But let me tell you my experience with both WordPress and Blogspot (or Blogger). This experience is probably “unique” to me and may not ever happen to anybody else but me.

When I first started blogging I used several different platforms. As long as they were FREE, I was willing to try them out. In the end, after all of my experimenting I ended up with blogs on two platforms: WordPress and Blogspot.

I never figured out which rules I violated but my WordPress blog got deleted. One of my Blogspot blogs also got deleted. But after that, I created 10 Blogspot blogs. The thing with Blogspot is if they delete one of your blogs, you are just not allowed to use that blog URL ever again. But you can create new blogs with new blog URLs. So that's what I did!

As long as you have a Google gMail account, you have access to Google's FREE websmaster tools. One of those FREE tools is the Blogspot blogging platform.

The real plus (in my humble opinion) for using Blogspot is that because it is owned by Google, you might be able to get your blog approved for Ad Sense and earn some money from it.

BLOG MONETIZATION. Earning money from your free blog with Ad Sense.

It's for this reason and for this reason only that I personally think Blogspot is the best FREE blogging platform.

Oh! One more reason. When my WordPress blog got deleted I was allowed to export the file. I exported the WordPress file and imported that same content to a Blogspot blog and republished most of the content. Like I said. I don't know what rules I violated at WordPress. But the same content now appears at my Blogspot. blogs.

What has been your experience with blogging platforms?

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Great information about your blogspot and WordPress experience. I used to have both but never got deleted, I myself stopped using it because I wan't able to monetize them (I was nerd in that part.) Blogspot no longer is Google's favourite as I have information that we need a real domain to use Adsense now, and WordPress has become more popular. Yet I think if I just have domain, I may start with blogspot, is that possible? What extra Blogger will require?

KURTAULI

Can you share information on where I can find blogspot free designs? I have a blog but I do not like the standard theme and want to change it. My blog is new and I do not have the money to buy a premium package. I have seen some designs but they have a problem

Carson20t

I think blogspot is definately worth it to put your money on and can be easily maintained.All the feature that are there am able to understand,you can put alot of widgets plus it has support for JavaScript html codes just makes it extremely great.I am hoping I can upgrade to having a paid dormain name and start to promote my services to get some consistent traffic to the site.

In terms of my general experience I can't really find a negative from the site although I know this type of a site has some limitations in terms of setting some features online on your website.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Can you share information on where I can find blogspot free designs? I have a blog but I do not like the standard theme and want to change it. My blog is new and I do not have the money to buy a premium package. I have seen some designs but they have a problem
You did not mentioned where you made your blog, if this is from blogger, then skip first step and move to second, otherwise, go to first step -

1) Go to your google account, Blogspot is just a click away there; click "create your blog" button, sign-in with same gmail and password, choose a name (any name), choose an URL (unique name) and fill simple details.

2) If you want different template, then go to "Design" from your Dashboard, there just customize it or use your own design.