Best Regulated Brokers

Rookery

Choosing the right broker can mean a difference in your trading experience. Besides providing good trading conditions, a good broker will also ensure safety of your funds. This is why most of us prefer to go with regulated brokers because the activities of regulated brokers are monitored by financial authorities preventing any fraudulent activity.

However, the decision is still hard to make because there are numerous regulated brokers in the market and identifying the right one for yourself out of so many options can be really confusing. This is the reason I thought of creating this thread. The idea is to help traders find a suitable broker.

Fxview

Regulations: CySEC
Instruments: Forex, Commodities, Cryptocurrencies, Stocks, Indices
Execution: ECN
Trading platform: Mt4, Mt5, ActTrader
Spreads: 0.1-0.2 pips
Commissions: $2rt per lot
Leverage: Upto 500X
Minimum deposit: $5
Payment methods: Bankwire, Visa, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, Bitcoin
Deposit bonus: 100% deposit bonus
Copytrading: Yes (Zulutrade)

Avatrade

Regulations: BVIFSC, FSC, FRSA, ASIC, FSA, ISA, FSCA, ADGM
Instruments: Forex, Stocks, Commodities, Cryptocurrencies, Bonds, ETFs, Indices
Execution: Market makers
Trading platform: Mt4, Mt5, AvaSocial
Spreads: 0.7 pips
Commissions: 0
Leverage: 400:1
Minimum deposit: $100
Payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller
Deposit bonus: No
Copytrading: Yes

Tickmill

Regulations: FCA, CySEC, FSCA, FSA
Instruments: Forex, Stocks, Cryptocurrencies, Metals, Bonds
Trading platform: Mt4, Mt5
Spreads: Starting from 0.0 pips
Commissions: Vip account: 2 EUR, Pro account: 4 EUR
Leverage: upto 500:1
Payment methods: Bankwire, Skrill, Visa, Mastercard
Deposit bonus: 10% deposit bonus

AAAFx

Regulations: HCMC, FSCA
Instruments:Forex, Cryptocurrencies, Stocks, indices, commodities
Trading platform: Mt4, MT5, Acttrader
Spreads: 0.3 pips
Commissions: $0.99 per $100k for ECN accounts, 0 for ECNplus accounts
Leverage: upto 500:1
Minimum deposit: $10
Payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, Bankwire, Cryptocurrencies
Copytrading: Yes (Zulutrade)

Pepperstone

Regulations: FCA, ASIC, DFSA
Instruments: Forex, Cryptocurrencies, Shares, Indices, Commodities, ETFs
Trading platform: Mt4, Mt5, cTrader
Spreads: 0.7 pips
Commissions: $7 rt
Leverage: Upto 200:1
Minimum deposit: 200AUD
Payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Neteller, Skrill, Union pay, Bank transfer, Bpay
Copytrading: Yes (DupliTrade)

Admiral Markets

Regulations: FCA
Instruments: Forex, commodities, Indices, Stocks, ETFs, Bonds
Execution: Market Maker
Spreads: 0.8pips
Commissions: 8AUD
Leverage: upto 1:500
Payment methods: Visa, Master card, Bank wire transfer
Copy trading: Yes

XM

Regulations: FSC
Instruments: Forex, Cryptocurrencies, Stocks cfds, Commodities, Precious metals.
Execution: STP
Spreads: 0.6 pips
Leverage: 1:1 to 888:1
Minimum deposit: $5
Payment methods: Credit cards, Electronic wallets
Deposit bonus: 20% deposit bonus
Copytrading: No

easyMarkets

Regulations: CySEC, ESMA
Instruments: Forex, Shares, Cryptocurrencies, Metals, Commodities, Indices
Spreads: Fixed. On EUR/USD for standard account: 1.7pips and for VIP account: 0.7 pips
Leverage: 1:30
Payment methods: Credit card, debit card, online banking, ewallets, bank wire transfers
Deposit bonus: upto 50% bonus
Copytrading: No

IG

Regulations: FCA
Instruments: Forex, Indices, Shares, Commodities, Cryptocurrencies, F&O trading
Execution: NDD broker but uses market makers for the pricing of some illiquid shares.
Trading platform: Mt4
Spreads: 0.9 pips
Commissions: Commissions are included in spreads
Leverage: Forex: 1:50, Crypto: 1:10
Minimum deposit: $300
Payment methods: Credit card, Debit card, bank transfer
Copy trading: No

This thread is created after thoroughly checking the website of each broker and carefully reading the reviews from reputable sites. If any of you have a different opinion, please feel free to share your experience and if you think I have missed on any good broker let me and other traders know in the comments so that we all can make this thread valuable for traders who are struggling to find a good broker.

glabella

Great list of regulated forex brokers you’ve shared! I only use regulated brokers because imo absence of regulations can impose a threat to the security of funds and that’s the last thing I want as a trader.

brindagladden

I am also looking for the best forex brokers as I'm looking for a change. Just came across this thread, most regulated forex brokers in the list seem good. Any suggestions, which broker should I try out of these regulated brokers forex?

Torsade

Trading conditions with some of these brokers look good and got my attention. One thing to note is that they all have reasonable minimum deposits. Can you tell whether the spreads are variable or fixed? If it’s variable then which pairs did you take into consideration for comparison?

Tubiform

All are good. If you want low spreads and minimum deposit, you could try fxview or tickmill. If interested in high leverage then XM and admiral markets can be considered.

cashisking149

All good options don't get me wrong but I don't think it is as cut and dry as that on regulation. Look at what has happened to Veracity markets recently. Some countries have no decent regulated options to choose from and often unregulated (but with a good reputation) brokers can be useful. If you look around there are some that are filling a niche rather than looking to do anything illegitimate.

Rookery

I am also looking for the best forex brokers as I'm looking for a change. Just came across this thread, most regulated forex brokers in the list seem good. Any suggestions, which broker should I try out of these regulated brokers forex?
Though all these brokers are reliable, but I can help you better if you could specify your requirements.

Rookery

Trading conditions with some of these brokers look good and got my attention. One thing to note is that they all have reasonable minimum deposits. Can you tell whether the spreads are variable or fixed? If it’s variable then which pairs did you take into consideration for comparison?
These are floating spreads. I used the EUR/USD pair as a basis.

Rookery

All good options don't get me wrong but I don't think it is as cut and dry as that on regulation. Look at what has happened to Veracity markets recently. Some countries have no decent regulated options to choose from and often unregulated (but with a good reputation) brokers can be useful. If you look around there are some that are filling a niche rather than looking to do anything illegitimate.
I agree with you. There are many good unregulated brokers too but regulation certainly gives a sense of security which is why most traders (especially beginners) prefer to trade with regulated brokers.The fact that there is an authority overseeing broker’s practices makes traders much more confident. However, it’s completely a personal choice.

cashisking149

I agree with you. There are many good unregulated brokers too but regulation certainly gives a sense of security which is why most traders (especially beginners) prefer to trade with regulated brokers.The fact that there is an authority overseeing broker’s practices makes traders much more confident. However, it’s completely a personal choice.
Completely agree but some would lead newbies to believe that their money is always safe as soon as they see the word "regulated" and it's just not as simple as that as the users of Veracity can attest to recently. Though I concede that it can often be a good starting point for many.

pawelkolasa

You’ve done a great job by compiling this list of best regulated forex brokers. It’s going to be very helpful for those who are looking for the best regulated brokers. Since the activities of regulated forex brokers are closely monitored and controlled by local regulatory authorities, it ensures a safe trading environment for the traders. I too have always preferred to go with the top regulated forex brokers. For me, regulation somehow builds trust between a trader and a broker. Even when you choose new regulated forex brokers, it’s much easier to trust them with your money as compared to a new broker who doesn’t have any licence. By choosing top regulated forex brokers you know that your money is safeguarded and there isn't any possibility of fraudulent activity because if they do so, the regulatory licence of regulated forex brokers will be revoked by the authority.

Symphonia

Regulation isn’t a guarantee of reliability and safety. Sometimes even well-established brokers also engage in fraudulent activities and get through it without experiencing any repercussions. Therefore, I don’t think one should be really concerned about regulations.

Monadism

Regulation isn’t a guarantee of reliability and safety. Sometimes even well-established brokers also engage in fraudulent activities and get through it without experiencing any repercussions. Therefore, I don’t think one should be really concerned about regulations.

Regulation is aimed at protecting trader’s interests so it is definitely an important criteria for choosing a broker. There is no authority that keeps a check on the actions of unregulated forex brokers which means even if they someday run off with your money, you have nowhere to go and will lose your funds forever. Many unregulated forex brokers don’t even have a physical office. All you know about them is what is available on their website. Is there any reputable source from where you can verify the authenticity of such brokers? No. Then how would you develop trust with them? On the other hand, regulated forex brokers have local offices and they have to maintain it as per the guidelines set by the local authority. Not only these, regulators also check the qualification of the employees that work in the brokerage. This means the best regulated brokers are required to hire knowledgeable and professional staff along with providing good trading conditions. Moreover, top regulated forex brokers are obliged to keep trader’s funds separate from the company’s fund. Even if they go out of business or go bankrupt they can’t use trader’s money to pay their debt. In such cases, traders who have opened trading accounts with regulated forex brokers always get their money back.

Symphonia

Regulation is aimed at protecting trader’s interests so it is definitely an important criteria for choosing a broker. There is no authority that keeps a check on the actions of unregulated forex brokers which means even if they someday run off with your money, you have nowhere to go and will lose your funds forever. Many unregulated forex brokers don’t even have a physical office. All you know about them is what is available on their website. Is there any reputable source from where you can verify the authenticity of such brokers? No. Then how would you develop trust with them? On the other hand, regulated forex brokers have local offices and they have to maintain it as per the guidelines set by the local authority. Not only these, regulators also check the qualification of the employees that work in the brokerage. This means the best regulated brokers are required to hire knowledgeable and professional staff along with providing good trading conditions. Moreover, top regulated forex brokers are obliged to keep trader’s funds separate from the company’s fund. Even if they go out of business or go bankrupt they can’t use trader’s money to pay their debt. In such cases, traders who have opened trading accounts with regulated forex brokers always get their money back.
Forex is a decentralized market and there’s no central authority overseeing it. These regulatory authorities are independent bodies. Most they can do is cancel the regulatory license of a broker. How would it make a big difference?

Rookery

Forex is a decentralized market and there’s no central authority overseeing it. These regulatory authorities are independent bodies. Most they can do is cancel the regulatory license of a broker. How would it make a big difference?

For most of us, regulation directly relates to security. Therefore, we don’t even look at the unregulated brokers or the attractive deals they have to offer. This psychology of most traders is enough for brokers to get regulations because ultimately every broker wants to expand their customer base and attract more and more clients. Moreover, getting regulations is not an easy task. Brokers have to complete so many formalities like preparing documents, paying fees and maintaining a certain amount of operating capital etc. The whole process may take up to six months and a broker working for it clearly shows how serious they are about their business. I don’t think any of the best regulated forex brokers would want their licence to get cancelled.

Theanthropic

This is the top forex brokers list! I am sure this must have taken you a lot of time to prepare a list of top forex brokers in the world but you have made it a lot easier for traders to find the best regulated forex brokers. Regulations are essential because the forex brokers that are not under any kind of regulatory supervision can act in a way that’s unethical. However, a broker authorized by a well-reputed regulatory body never acts against their clients. Earlier, the regulations were quite strict but now you can find many regulated brokers with no deposit bonus, regulated brokers with low spreads, regulated brokers with high leverage. You can say that new regulated forex brokers offer a lot of flexibility to the traders. Therefore, traders should trade with regulated forex brokers only.

Ivo Zetticci

Verified member
Don’t commit over-trading because it will gradually decrease your equity and thus will take your balance to the crash level. Eurotrader’s education program will encourage you to develop yourself. The broker’s attractive amount of welcome bonus will increase your capital amount.

Satanology

Good list mate! Lots of familiar names. I’m in fact trading with AAAFx from the list, they’re pretty reliable and have a low trading cost.

Asahi

Verified member
I always suggest traders not to rely on scalping solely but to depend on long-term trading. Because, long-term trading is the right and professional trading approach.