Saving Money Best ways to save money as a stay-at-home mom

Augusta

VIP Contributor
If you are at home to care for the children and take up other domestic jobs then you should find a way to save money so that the little you have wouldn't always get exhausted before you know it. One thing with spending is that you can never get back that money. So when once you spend it is gone forever. The best way to reduce spending is to cut corners and see how you can reduce it to the barest minimum. So hoe can you reduce spending to save money.

1.Buy some house stuff in bulk. You would buy them cheaper and it will last longer for you

2.if you are getting to a nearby place or store. Ditch using your car or paying for transportation. Just take a walk to abd fro to save money

3.If you are good with school work, then teach your children after school. No need employing a lesson tescher. Do the work yourself and you would saving money every month.

4.Just have occasionally paid help for your domestic work. You can do it yourself with your kids. in the process you would be teaching your children hoe to be domesticated. And you would be saving money from monthly pay of domestic help.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
The role of a stay-at-home mom is not an easy one. But it is rewarding, and there are many ways to save money while you’re at home with your children.

Below are tips on how to make your budget work:

Go without cable TV. The average cable bill in some countries is $100 per month, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That’s a lot of money you can use for other things. Cancel your cable subscription and use an antenna instead. Some shows can be streamed online for free or for a small fee.

Keep track of what you spend on groceries each week and buy only what you need and will use up before it goes bad. If you have leftovers from dinners the night before, add them to the next day's lunch so they don't get wasted.

Consider downsizing your living space so that you can save on rent or mortgage payments. That could also mean buying a smaller home or condo so that you pay less in taxes as well as utilities like electricity and heating fuel.

Buy used clothes instead of new ones — especially if they're just going to get dirty anyway. You can often find quality adult clothing at thrift stores or consignment shops for only cents or some token.

E

eldavis

Another way to save money is to cook according to your pocket, most housewives today tend to cook large, with different types of assorted meats and fish, only for the food to last two or three times. It would be best to cook what would last for a week if possible. The most important thing when cooking is the nutrient you get, not the amount of assorted meats or fish inside the dish.

Caramelle

People can reduce their food expenses by starting their own vegetable and herb garden. We don't even need to buy seeds for this purpose. Kitchen scraps can be used to grow many types of plants including green and leafy veggies like Chinese cabbage and water spinach. These vegetables can be grown in pots, too, if you don't have a space for a garden.

We can cut our electricity bills by turning off appliances that are not in use and by being conscious about our electricity usage in general. Opt for energy-efficient appliances and light bulbs. Limit television time and engage the children in physical activities instead.

Plan your grocery trips. Prepare a grocery list and stick to it. Buy most of your needs for a month in one trip if possible. That will help you save on transportation costs and lessen the temptation to buy stuff that you don't really need.

Prepare a budget and make sure that every centavo of the household income is accounted for. Always set something aside for the family's savings. Having savings and emergency funds will help ensure that the family will not go into debt when a financial need arises.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are very right especially with your first point, I just started growing a vegetable garden and got planting some of the most used vegetables in my locality and I asked myself why I didn't do this since because I know how much I have saved myself from buying these Vegetables. So yeah home keepers can do this for themselves. Try to plant some of the vegetables and seeds that you might often want to use and don't forget to also rear some animals if you have the space for it

If you can prepare your food in bulks that will last you for while then dish them out in batches it will save you gas and having to waste time you would have used for making money on daily cooking

Another is to do your cleaning and washing at a particular day and keep everywhere clean and things neat instead of paying cleaners to come clean your house or paying the laundry. You are at home and might have little time for these thibds so try to throw in your weight you wouldn't just know how much you would be saving doing all of these.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The recent downturn in the global economy has really called for the major panacea on how to get most things cut short especially how to save money at home. These days, people use different means of saving money from their actions and what they do at home.

Buying things in bulk is the first thing they do. There is much to save when we get our things in bulk. I could remember when I do buy egg in unit whenever I want to cook noodles. It is until I started buying in crates that I know I can save up to half a dollar for buying it ok bulk. Many of these things are what we need in the home, so we need buying in bulk.

Other way of saving money at home will indeed save a lot if money. I do take barbecue every Sunday which I always get for a dollar and some cents. The day I decided to cook it myself at home. Not only I was able to save money, I really enjoyed it more than the ones I did buy. That's why most time, we need to cook some of those things we buy to save a lot of money.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Your paragraph is apt people don't know that cooking at home saves one more money and you would even eat healthier meals than when you take the ones at the joint or eateries. You hardly eat a home made food and begin to have running stomach or stomach upset it is mostly from the food bought out there. You know with your own food, you would take time to do your cleaning and Washing of the food stuff but the commercial cooks are about making their money and saving their customers on time so they have no time to thoroughly wash their foodstuff and when this happens you would spend more money trying to treat or nurse yourself back to health. if the food was consumed by the family you can imagine how much you would be spending to put the family back to health. So it is always good to buy and cook the house meals for lesser amount of money.

Buying in bulk will also help you would be saving good amount of money it you buy the house supplies in bulk. You would have the house stocked at a far cheaper price even planting some is also important

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I really thank God for my mum, she always try to buy things in bulk because that will help save a lot of money , I don't even like the situation that you will be sending people out every time every day to go and buy things that could have been bought at once. Buying things in bulk is one of the best way to save yourself from the stress of running errands and spending extra when you are buying it every day that you needs.

Apart from buying in bulk , it is a very important for individual to understand that buying it at a wholesale price will help you avoid spending so much when you are buying it at the retailing price. Personally I don't really have time , not only for the sake of saving money but I always try as much as possible to get everything I need in large quantities. This will save me from the stress of having to buy it anytime soon.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah stay at home mothers should always look for a way to save money to avoid going broke or staying broke. if there are ways to make money while serving in the home the better.

the first thing is to avoid food wastage. if you know that you you don't want the members of home wasting food then you start by only knowing the quantity that they consume at a time and provide only that then you conserved the remaining ones.

you should also go for clearance sales where things are sold very cheap to buy products for the home. And alwsys try to buy only what the home needs alone. This will help you to conserve money.

Buying in bulk too is a good strategy to conserve money. You would buy things cheaper and money will hsve been preserve for other necessary things that the home will he needing later in the future.

Shigobad2020

Let me start from your first point which is buying food stuffs and other house equipment in bulk which we called bulk purchasing in economics , though buying things in bulk and stocking it at home for future use is good and also saves stress and uneccesary spending , but it Can only be achieved when you have money to spend but its a good way of saving money .
Secondly another way of saving money is taking public transport to a market place or nearby convinient store because the money needed to fuel your car can also be saved by using the public transport which pays just a little fee .

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Definitely, I think the answers or tips for this isn't just limited to what I have stated above you can always find out the cheapest ways if doing things and adopt them. All of these is to help you save money to avoid always being in debt when they are ways you would have achieved early done things in a simple and in a less money consuming way.

If one has space planting little crops also help . You wouldn't need to buy the little vegetables you want to quickly used for your pot of stew or soup. All of these is go into helping you spend less which will help you manage the little money at your disposal.

it is also good to always cut out any small expenses that you can do without or you don't just indulge them all the time to avoid getting addicted to them to save money.