Beware of computers on sale

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I bought my laptop which was on sale for only 34,000 pesos (roughly $700). It was cheaper than the $1,000 original cost because it was on sale after staying 1 year in the market. The laptop was promised to have Windows 10 installed but what I got was Windows 7 only. The vendor who is known to my wife said that the hardware has issues with Windows 10.

Okay, no problem. After more than a year of using the laptop it wouldn’t boot one day. I brought it to a technician who suspected the motherboard is the problem. After undergoing the checking of 3 more technicians the verdict is passed that the laptop is dead. The motherboard can be replaced for $600. It is like buying a new one. The vendor flatly said that they cannot replace the unit because it was passed the warranty period. I felt like I was scammed. By the way, the laptop is a world renowned brand.

Mika

VIP Contributor
That's really sad. Thankfully, this has not happened to me. I have been using this laptop for 3 years and I have never encountered any issue. I believe some devices have problems (manufacturing defects), and no matter what you do you cannot solve the problem. We need to be very careful when buying electronic devices.

Cinderella

I'm sorry to know that, Alexandoy. I am very careful when buying a laptop. Well actually, we have supply in our office but I prefer buying my own because I want to have a fast processing unit. I have my current laptop for almost 4 years and honestly, it is starting to lag so I am contemplating of buying a new one. I have my favorite brand so whenever I buy a new unit, I would always choose this brand.

Setho

VIP Contributor
This is actually a method that a lot of people have been using. Laptops are devices that are quite expensive comparing it to the average amount of money people in. This is the reason why many people results to London or United States used laptops that they can buy using eBay or offer up