Bitcoin Holds $30K Support as Week Begins

wuant8anhh

Good morning. Here are the key updates:

Bitcoin ETF Takes Center Stage

The market is primarily focused on the possibility of a bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF), although opinions on its impact vary within the industry.

BlackRock CEO Larry Fink's recent endorsement of bitcoin has sparked debate among analysts and industry professionals.

While some worry that mainstream adoption may compromise the decentralized nature of bitcoin, the market seems largely unconcerned about this issue.

Bitcoin Maintains $30K Support Level

Bitcoin continues to defend the $30K support level, starting the week at $30,171 in Asian trading. Ether also remains above $1800, trading at $1,863.

Despite news of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) questioning the adequacy of ETF filings, the market remains optimistic, especially with BlackRock refiling its application.

Market analysts believe that sustained trading above $30K could lead to further upward movement, while $27K acts as a robust support level for now.

Inflation and Jobless Claims Awaited

This week, the market will closely monitor inflation figures and jobless claims, which will influence the Federal Reserve's decisions on interest rates. Crypto markets are expected to respond accordingly.

Insights

dYdX Foundation CEO Discusses Shift to Proprietary Blockchain

Charles d'Haussy, CEO of the dYdX Foundation, explained the platform's move from Ethereum to its own blockchain, Cosmos, citing the need for tech sovereignty and control over the entire tech stack.

Having its own blockchain enables dYdX to execute faster and avoid dependencies on Ethereum's roadmap.

While dYdX faces challenges during this transition, investors remain cautious, as reflected in a 6% decrease in its token price compared to a 1.3% increase in the price of ether.

A Broader Trend in Specialized Blockchains

dYdX's shift to its own blockchain aligns with a broader trend among major crypto applications that are optimizing for specific uses, making general-purpose blockchains less suitable.

D'Haussy predicts an increase in application chains and interconnectivity between blockchains, as platforms evolve to become more specialized.

However, dYdX emphasizes its commitment to decentralization and remains adaptable and open to blockchain advancements.

Focus on Diversity of Validators

To ensure decentralized security, dYdX aims to have a diverse range of validators in terms of geography, service providers, and infrastructure.

D'Haussy anticipates a rise in domestic validators due to regional regulatory uncertainties, as regulations may require financial institutions to use local nodes to fall under local regulators' oversight.

Regulated crypto derivatives trading may flourish in regions with clear regulatory frameworks.

mainhe91842

However, I am concerned about centralization as cryptocurrency applications shift to using their own blockchains. This may reduce the universality of shared blockchains and create fragmentation in the industry.

haioi29fjhgu

Diversifying validators is important to ensure decentralized security. However, careful consideration is needed to ensure security and compliance with regulations in different regions

i10nheeme91

I don't understand the reason why dYdX is switching to its own blockchain. Ethereum already has a large community and has been tested for many years. It seems like this transition only creates discord among the user community.

colenahia29j

I'm concerned that transitioning to their own blockchain could create fragmentation in the cryptocurrency industry. This could reduce compatibility and the ability to communicate between different applications and blockchains

colenhaui28hf

It seems like using dYdX's own blockchain is a big leap and comes with significant risks. I hope they have thoroughly researched before making this decision and ensure they have the capability to maintain and develop their blockchain

ImamShaheb

Valued Contributor
I welcome dYdX's move to use its own blockchain. This allows them to have control over their entire technology without relying on Ethereum's roadmap.
But there are some restrictions on some countries 🫥! Most probably Canada has been added on this list(I'm not sure about this one).

Attachments

• 20230711_202009.jpg
    20230711_202009.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 0

wuant8anhh

However, I am concerned about centralization as cryptocurrency applications shift to using their own blockchains. This may reduce the universality of shared blockchains and create fragmentation in the industry.
All products are created with the desire to attract many users, it is important that it always keep transparency

wuant8anhh

Do you think dYdX's move to its own blockchain can change the way cryptocurrency applications develop in the future?
I'm sure they have good standards, that's why they made such a decision. And whether they can do it or not, we need to monitor in the coming time