Bitcoin or Ethereum which one is more profitable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I think bitcoin is more profitable in so many ways and my trading history has proved this very right. now imagine someone who has one bitcoin and he uses it to trade. If the value of bitcoin is at 35,000 dollars this morning and he makes a trade then before evening the price get to at $38,000. then that is $2000 gain you have made and if the trend continues like this, you will make lots of money.
I think you are correct in your own way....but I see Bitcoin as short term investment while I see Ethereum as long term investment if you can just hold. I think we have shorter amount of Bitcoin left to mine, while there's still enough Ethereum. And the protocols in which Ethereum is created,is much stronger than Bitcoin's, which give the sign that Ethereum might go far, if we can just hold.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
As far I understand the way of cryptocurrency, there isn't one answer for everyone.
If you are getting into crypto business, then Ethereum is unbeatable (for now), now many users are claiming, there is low fees too.
But if you are holding for time based trade, then Bitcoin is best.
For others, BCH, LTC, TRX are better choice.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Not very many people care about reading the white paper of any coins, they are mostly concerned with the money they will make From the coins. Funndamentally reading the white paper and following updates and happenings arround these two giant coins will enlighten you more on which is more preferred , personally ethereum has more case value.

jvanname

Um. The best predictor of the future price of Bitcoin or Ethereum is the current price. After all, if people can reliably and successfully predict the future price of an asset like Bitcoin, the current price will be similar to that future price especially for volatile assets like Bitcoin. Instead of trying to predict the future, why don't you get an education and read the Bitcoin whitepaper. People in the Bitcoin community are so uneducated that they do not even realize that Bitcoin and Ethereum have mining algorithms that were never designed to advance science (unlike Circcash). Please get an education!

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Ok, before I go on to share my opinion on this , I wish to point out that I am not a Financial advisor. Do your research before following my view.

In cryptocurrency these days , investors considers whether a coin has " USE CASES". This is what makes a coin profitable.

Ethereum to me is better than Bitcoin because it has many use cases. One can buy 0.1 bitcoin and will keep it in his wallet waiting for a rise in price of bitcoin to make profit, there is no way the bitcoin can be out to use except staking which doesn't give much return and is normally for long term , but with ethereum, one can use it to provide liquidity , engage in yield Farming , etc. This use case of ethereum helps holders to earn passive income on their ethereum.
Fortunately , ethereum transaction fee has reduced to quite a small amount over the past one month.
New projects are coming to ethereum network which will make it more profitable. The new digital currency , Non fungible token is compatible with ethereum network .
It is a matter of time before we see Ethereum surpassing bitcoin in terms of " Market capitalization " because if the use cases and this will affect ethereum price positively.
These are factual opinion about ethereum and Bitcoin, bitcoin only has one advantage ahead of ethereum which is the fact that it is the pioneer and most famous coin at the moment otherwise use of case of ethereum is much more higher than that of bitcoin. Ethereum investment is more easier to make because the value is still very low for us to get substantial amount of bitcoin.

Josemendez

Verified member
This is a good question I have also been looking forward to get an accurate answer on. I have invested several times on Bitcoin and I have made good amount of money and I have also lost some money on BTC.

Not verified✓

I hope someone can share their opinion about
Ok, before I go on to share my opinion on this , I wish to point out that I am not a Financial advisor. Do your research before following my view.

In cryptocurrency these days , investors considers whether a coin has " USE CASES". This is what makes a coin profitable.

Ethereum to me is better than Bitcoin because it has many use cases. One can buy 0.1 bitcoin and will keep it in his wallet waiting for a rise in price of bitcoin to make profit, there is no way the bitcoin can be out to use except staking which doesn't give much return and is normally for long term , but with ethereum, one can use it to provide liquidity , engage in yield Farming , etc. This use case of ethereum helps holders to earn passive income on their ethereum.
Fortunately , ethereum transaction fee has reduced to quite a small amount over the past one month.
New projects are coming to ethereum network which will make it more profitable. The new digital currency , Non fungible token is compatible with ethereum network .
It is a matter of time before we see Ethereum surpassing bitcoin in terms of " Market capitalization " because if the use cases and this will affect ethereum price positively.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
This is a very good question, in my opinion I think Bitcoin would be a better investment than ETH ...btc price is already higher than Eth , so definitely you would make more profit in btc for long term investment than etheruem
Most of you guys are always carried away with the price of Bitcoin which is not a strong factor to determine which is more profitable in terms of investment. Etherium as lot of potential because of the blockchain activities it has in piloting lot of cryptocurrency project and also considered the fact that the value is still very much sizeable for good investment as compared to Bitcoin.

Destinyfejiro

Hi!
Buy Bitcoin or Ethereum? Which gives me more profit?
Can anyone post an interesting article on this?
I am new to cryptocurrencies, so don't be too critical
I would like to hear the opinion of experienced people who deal with currency every day.
This is a very good question, in my opinion I think Bitcoin would be a better investment than ETH ...btc price is already higher than Eth , so definitely you would make more profit in btc for long term investment than etheruem

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I will advice you invest in ethereum its more profitable because of the cheap price and it still moves in same direction as bitcoin , only that you need to have a strategy when investing is either you are holding for long or you are holding for short term , you need to pick one , and then invest and hold to make more gains and profit

uforwealth

Verified member
No cryptocurrency is worth investing in if you aren't ready to take risks as the value of these cryptocurrencies is subject to fluctuation. It increases and decreases in value. Hence, there is the likelihood that you lose or gain.

I lost a huge amount of money to Bitcoin investment in 2017 while a few bitcoin investors were elated because they made profits from their investment.

If you are not ready to bear the risks involved in cryptocurrencies, do not invest in either Bitcoin or Ethereum.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I think bitcoin is more profitable in so many ways and my trading history has proved this very right. now imagine someone who has one bitcoin and he uses it to trade. If the value of bitcoin is at 35,000 dollars this morning and he makes a trade then before evening the price get to at $38,000. then that is $2000 gain you have made and if the trend continues like this, you will make lots of money.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Well to answer your question is quite difficult. Which crypto will make profit for us is depend on the market, at the first of the year bitcoin market is very good so you should buy bitcoin. And at the of march until now the price of Eth is quite stabil, so I suggest you to stake on Eth.
My conclusion is you should always watch market before decide to buy any cryptocurrency.
You see why I will also support ethereum investment is that the coin is still in a low price and there are lot of projects that is being run on its blockchain so the tendency of this coin to rise faster is higher than that of Bitcoin. If you check the percentage of progression of the two coins in the last six months you will agree that Ethereum has grown more compared to bitcoin.

Mertayasa

Well to answer your question is quite difficult. Which crypto will make profit for us is depend on the market, at the first of the year bitcoin market is very good so you should buy bitcoin. And at the of march until now the price of Eth is quite stabil, so I suggest you to stake on Eth.
My conclusion is you should always watch market before decide to buy any cryptocurrency.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
My own opinion is that ethereum higher trading volume last month than bitcoin follow by doge coin but has for last 14 days the percentage rise for bitcoin is higher than ethereum. I believe that with bitcoin recovering as fast as it can it is gonna be a plus to ethereum because once bitcoin is recovered other coins speed up their recovery faster than bitcoin. I will prefer to invest my money in ethereum compare to bitcoin at the moment.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
This is a good question I have also been looking forward to get an accurate answer on. I have invested several times on Bitcoin and I have made good amount of money and I have also lost some money on BTC.

Not verified✓

I hope someone can share their opinion about

I will be happening from the perspective of a crypto trader who is currently analysing what is happening right now in the crypto world. We all know that crypto value has declined a lot. So if we analyse the condition of Bitcoin and Ethereum right now, we can clearly see that Bitcoin is performing much better than Ethereum as of now. Bitcoin rose by more than 4 percent in the past 14 days where as Ethereum declined by more than 10 percent in the past 14 days.

jason7343

While neither of these cryptocurrencies is necessarily a safe investment, Bitcoin may carry less risk than Ethereum because it has a longer track record and greater name recognition.

I can’t compare both bitcoin and ethereum with each other. I think both the coins are equally good but if you ask me about the profitability then I see huge potential in ethereum. Bitcoin has soared quite high and has a market capitalization of almost one trillion whereas ethereum still has a long way to go. The earlier you become a part of any cryptocurrency, the better it is for earning profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.