Bitok Founder is Wanted by Belarus

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Law enforcement officers in Belarus's capital Minsk have put Vladislav Kuchinsky, the founder of cryptocurrency exchange Bitok.me, on an international wanted list for tax evasion.
Screenshot_20220813-075901-773.png
Bitok.me was formerly known as Bitok.by (Both domains are on the same platform). This platform is said to be the largest cryptocurrency exchange network in Belarus. However, because of not following legal requirements, Bitok is an illegal platform too. About 8K illegal transactions have caused tax loss in the state, and officials are now trying to find the whereabouts of the owner.

It is alleged that the owner of Bitok evaded taxation of $3.5 million worth of Belarusian Rubles. Now officials are seeking international assistance to trace him and arrest him.

However, the chances of international help are slim due to EU and US sanctions imposed on the country. This is because Belarus is supporting Russia over the Russia-Ukraine war. Tax-related frauds are economic crimes, and economic sanctions won't allow authorities to take helpful action against offenders.​

Suba

Staff member
A few days ago, I also read this news, the Republic of Belarus, is ranked third in the use of Bitcoin in Eastern Europe and most crypto activities or transactions are carried out on a P2P basis. Bitok.me is one of the major crypto exchanges in Belarus, but has purposely evaded paying taxes in absentia worth $3.6 million. and currently the owner of the crypto exchange Bitok.me, Vladislav Kuchinsky has been added to the international wanted list.