Blog Promotion

raaman

Valued Contributor
Any quick increase in the mention of your blog may stir suspicion in the search engines. At present every blogging service has its own rating system in place and it is also necessary to register.

On the other hand, it should be noted that the promotion of a blog in directories is not that much dependent on the rating, but participation in it (directories) is necessary and is always recommended.

Free directories are also used for the optimization of online resources for search engines and promote them. In this way, directories can be very useful for the promotion of your blog.

cmoneyspinner

When I first started blogging I used to hunt for Blog Directories because everybody said that was the thing to do. But after 10 years, I'm not completely sold on the value of adding your blog to a directory. That being said, I would never tell a blogger not to do it. Because some help with promotion is better than no help. Also many of the directories allow you to add you blog link free. Currently I use Blogarama - Blog directory. This directory has mixed reviews. Some like it. Some don't. I would say, since it indexes my post links for the search engine, it serves my purposes. I use it.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Dictionaries list millions of blogs, no one cares. Blog promotion is no longer popular due to policies of advertising networks, and google policies. Now Adsense, it's alternatives do not approve them, however some affiliates do but no one supports CPM with blog. I used to have blogs, but with no financial gain, they are now closed. Yet to promote a blog, one just have to promote the link of blog posts, social media is free and posts are shared with friends, this gives it good promotion, friends will take your blog seriously while others might give it a miss.

cmoneyspinner

I have been trying to blog for years. It has only been within the last 3 years after I learned a few tricks so that my blogging is finally starting to show reward for my efforts. I joined social blogging communities like Daily Two Cents, Niume, Virily, etc. Most of them had the PPV (Pay-Per-View) revenue-sharing plan and that was how I earn money from blogging. Many of the sites shut down. It was frustrating because I had been aggressively promoting those links. I learned my lesson the hard way. Fortunately I kept back-up copies, so when those sites shut down, I republished the work at my own stand-alone blogs. I used social media to RE-promote the same content. I wasn't going to let my work go to waste. Live and learn.

lucycarter

With more strict algorithms of Google, promoting a blog has become a little difficult task. A very nice medium to promote a blog is social media, You can form a page or join groups and interact with people and share your engaging content with them. It will be helpful in making your blog popular. You can also use giveaways as a medium to popularize your blog among people. It can include t-shirts, pop sockets, etc as per your needs.

raaman

Valued Contributor
When I first started blogging I used to hunt for Blog Directories because everybody said that was the thing to do. But after 10 years, I'm not completely sold on the value of adding your blog to a directory. That being said, I would never tell a blogger not to do it. Because some help with promotion is better than no help. Also many of the directories allow you to add you blog link free. Currently I use Blogarama - Blog directory. This directory has mixed reviews. Some like it. Some don't. I would say, since it indexes my post links for the search engine, it serves my purposes. I use it.
When I was new to the world of blogs, blogging, and the like it was all confusing because different people told me different things to do, which I could not understand immediately. It takes time to learn new things. Now, after several years of online presence, I am still learning because the information is going up day by day. It is always better to follow someone's advice. Blogarama is a good blog directory and Ilike it. Sometimes, reviews are confusing.