Blogging as a Passive Income Source?

moonchild

VIP Contributor
You can make money passively as a blogger, there are millions of blogs that receives millions of traffic daily and they make money for their owners when they sleep, if you plan on starting a blog that scale and make you money, I'll recommend learning SEO, as its basically how search engine works, since your blog is going to be online and you want it to be discovere by Google.

You can also start by guest posting on other people's blog till your own sort of get traction, it's a grind at the beginning because no one knows you and you're not savvy enough but if you keep at it and give it time for example 2 years you'll definitely build up some nice traffic that you monetize through Google ads or Ezoic, you can also build a product out of your blog and sell it to your visitors, the opportunities are endless.

Ganibade

Verified member
It is possible to launch a blog with the intention of earning passive income. A blog can be used to generate passive income through advertising, affiliate links, and digital goods, among other methods.
It is advised to become knowledgeable about search engine optimization (SEO) in order to grow and monetize a blog by making sure that Google and other search engines can find your content.
You can improve your blog's exposure and traffic by guest posting on other blogs.
The following are essential actions to begin a blog for passive income:
Select a Lucrative Niche: Pick a market segment that is in demand and has income potential.
Create a Self-Hosted Blog: Compared to free blogs, this offers more control and revenue opportunities.

Lemming

As I have already written in another discussion, I don't think that blogging should be considered a completely passive source of income.
It is necessary to continuously update the blog with new posts and content otherwise web traffic and access to the blog are significantly reduced.
There is a need to be creative in trying to propose new content almost every day either to have a group of collaborators who can produce the material to publish on the blog.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
To make money from your blog, you can use advertising networks, affiliate networks, sell merch by integrating merch fulfilment companies, sell digital products and service, sell ad spaces, etc. You can start with a free blog, but it's better to have your own blog. I blog to make passive income. However, generating passive income from your blog takes a long time. When I say long time, I don't mean a couple of months, I mean years. IN the beginning you will have to actively work.