Blogging Tips: Never Publish Incomplete Information

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have been blogging for two years. As a blogger I not only regularly publish new posts and promote my blog posts, I also reach out to other bloggers, follow their blogs, and read their posts. I see a lot of bloggers committing a lot of mistakes either intentionally or intentionally.

One of the greatest mistakes committed by bloggers is publishing incomplete information.

Publishing incomplete information means not providing enough information on the topic that they are publishing, not offering enough data to back up their claim, not doing an independent fact check to verify the information they are presenting, not doing enough research on the topic, providing half baked information, etc.

Why are they publishing incomplete information?

There might be many reasons, for example,

They are too lazy to do research. If you are serious bout blogging, you need to spend time researching your topic.

They are too lazy to produce a well-written and informative article. If you do not write well, if your article does not contain information, you can’t get readers.

They want to make their post interesting by publishing incomplete information, in order to make the readers wait for the second installment. This is not a good strategy to build traffic. While you may write a sequel, your first article must be complete in its own way.

Shaf

Verified member
As a victim of reading such blog posts, I can say that it's a real turnoff especially when the reader really needs full information to solve his problems. It's one of the reasons I started including the phrase 'complete guide to ...' whenever I'm looking for information on how to do something. People who write such articles usually take their time to give so much information, one may have to go back sometimes severally to go through all of it.

I think one can avoid publishing such articles by outsourcing the writing. A few bucks on writing gigs sites can get you a good article and save time, even though nothing will beat doing it yourself, especially if the topic is something you have personal experience on.

I do wonder though if such poorly written articles have an effect on the site's SEO.