Buying a landed property or starting a business, which one should come first?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Thanks for your response. You know business can be frustrating at a times. You may end up not getting what you think or expect it to be. When you purchase a land and leave it for a year, it would have appreciated by then, you cab easily sell out. There will be enough profits in it.
Buying and reselling property in the underdeveloped settlement or area can enable you buy at a better rate. If the location got the potential to appreciate in its price in the future, then the person who bought at the earlier time will be earning well when such time comes around. Even if it will take years, waiting for such time will bring better fortunes.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I will not think twice but go for a business first. Yes buying a landed property is very good no doubt but you would still need money to finance it. The best bet will be to have the business let it blossom then buy the land and finance it further

Good luck

Verified member
You are right though it depends on where the land is and how open the place is or I will say how marketable the place is..A lot of business really have issues now.. especially during the time of pandemic where a lot of goods perished due to low turnout of customers.Most of the business couldn't revived up till now that I speak.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I will suggest you buy a landed properties because that is where the real money comes.Property will always appreciate no matter how the economy is.Business may fold up due to some uncertainties that may come in like you having problems with the bank you get capital or find fromf.policy may change without prior notice and if you don't insure your business that is another problem.
There is no business that is not risky , even buying of lands also have its own risk Attached , because the land could be wasted if the place or area is so probe to flood , or there is always war in the area you are trying to launch the land , there is no investment that does not have risk

Good luck

Verified member
I will suggest you buy a landed properties because that is where the real money comes.Property will always appreciate no matter how the economy is.Business may fold up due to some uncertainties that may come in like you having problems with the bank you get capital or find from.policy may change without prior notice and if you don't insure your business that is another problem.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think starting a business should be the first thing to consider , because with the amount of profit you would make from the business could actually cover your expenses and make you more profit in return , that you could use to buy land properties and many other things you want to buy

Makah

Both of them are nice ideas we should follow
But in my own view I think starting a business should be the first priority because having a business will be an money making avenue and money will keep coming in from there
Then after a having a business then you can now think of building a home
That's my opinion about this

Setho

VIP Contributor
For you to even be considering something like buying a landed property it means that you have enough money and then why not go for the both of them. On a normal standard investments are expensive and it sometimes take time in order for you to see good results so if you are itching to choose one option then you should go for starting a business instead.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Both of them are also nice but you dont have to do things base on the decision of other people but you have to consider and understand what you really want, if I have money now I'll start up a business and from the business I'll get money to buy a land, I cannot tight down my money in Land when i need a business so much just because I was advised to do it.

funmi

Verified member
In my country, when a man or woman start earning a good pay or luckily hit some substantial sum of amount of money. parents, friends, families and well wishers will advise the person to buy a land.
But in the contrary, setting up a business looks wise to me. If you ask anybody for advise before taking your decision, they will advice you to first purchase a land and start building gradually.
Their ideology is that land appreciates everyday and it is a good heritage for ones children. They also believed that once you buy a land it will not be difficult for you to start building your house.
More so, many people believed that anything can happen at any time. Something bad can happen to the business, as the business can flop at any time.
But to me, I believe business should come first. What about you?
Let me know your take in this. Thanks.

A K Rao

Purchasing the landed property is better anytime instead of entering into the business. In purchasing the land there are many options of getting passive income. In fact O have purchased a piece of land long back and today I have given the same to the builder who developed the entire land and he has given me three flats. These flats are giving me regular rent with which I am happy with out any tension. So invest in land is any day better than entering the business!

Maks25

Forget the land for now. Think of investing the money you have now, keep the rest as a cushion for any unforseen circumstances or further investment when you've seen the rewards of your initial investment. RUN FAR FAR AWAY from ANYBODY who is promising you a quick huge return on any investment, "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is". Huge quick returns are usually associated with huge abnormal risks, and in most cases (especially in Nigeria) 419. Be careful, and Good luck!.

funmi

Verified member
If you can build a structure in the land like a house or apartment for rent then I would choose that instead of a business. I cannot withstand the stress of the business when it sags and the cash flow becomes tight. With the rental for income that is plain and simple with not much pressure.
Thanks for your contribution. Your idea is a very useful one too. There is a lot of stress in doing business. In fact , one might need to even borrow more money or take a loan to boost the business but this is not applicable when you purchase a land. Buying land is better

funmi

Verified member
They are both very good options, but I see the purchase of land as a long term goal, people that purchase land do so as a means of saving money so in the future they can sell at a higher price or develop the land whichever the case may be while can be of short term goal that requires the time and effort of the owner.
Yes. You are very correct about your points. Land is more profitable as it keeps appreciating everyday depending on the location of the land. Business may not increase as it does with land. Business usually fluctuate and if care is not taking, you may have to start taking loan to support the business again.

funmi

Verified member
Both are two money generating means online. If you have the funds you can still buy a landed property, still do your business the best you can and record business/investment success. But if you're left with one option, then you shouldn't hesitate to choose business, cos with your business you can get steady income.
Thanks for your response. You know business can be frustrating at a times. You may end up not getting what you think or expect it to be. When you purchase a land and leave it for a year, it would have appreciated by then, you cab easily sell out. There will be enough profits in it.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If you can build a structure in the land like a house or apartment for rent then I would choose that instead of a business. I cannot withstand the stress of the business when it sags and the cash flow becomes tight. With the rental for income that is plain and simple with not much pressure.

Sammyesx

They are both very good options, but I see the purchase of land as a long term goal, people that purchase land do so as a means of saving money so in the future they can sell at a higher price or develop the land whichever the case may be while can be of short term goal that requires the time and effort of the owner.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Both are two money generating means online. If you have the funds you can still buy a landed property, still do your business the best you can and record business/investment success. But if you're left with one option, then you shouldn't hesitate to choose business, cos with your business you can get steady income.