Buying painting and artworks

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am not fond of art particularly painting. But when I gained friends in the world of arts, I realized that the artwork is like a treasure. In the eyes of the artist his oil paint on the canvas is indeed a treasure that can be sold at a high price. Unfortunately for most artists their painting wouldn’t fetch the price that they desire.

What about investing on painting and other art works? A family friend who works in a museum said that art works especially paintings will have a high price when the painter dies. That is quite morbid but I have to agree. In this modern time oil painting is still here and they can still command a good price in the market. For the lovers of art work it is a good idea to invest in paintings. You can display the paintings in your home while waiting for the price to increase.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am an art lover. Every time there is a new exhibition of paintings and artworks, I visit the gallery. However, this is an expensive hobby. I cannot buy artworks even if I want to because artworks cost a lot of money. Buying artworks can be considered an investment because f you buy artworks by a popular artist it will always have a resell value.

Setho

VIP Contributor
There are some particular art works at least in my country that have been known to have value for a long time. I have always seen artworks at a very reliable store of value like gold and silver. If you are able to lay your hands on arts like that then you should have no doubt in investing.