Passive income Can Adsense and Other Advertising become a Passive Income Source?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@Mika things no longer work that way, Google search engine is more intelligent than ever before. I wrote an article on my blog which target keyboard "How to get fever" which has about 140 monthly search volume. I ranked number one for the keyboard on Google search engine.

I checked Google search console, this keyword is bringing over 1,000 organic free traffic to my website. This happened because I managed to rank number one for other related keywords to the one above and the traffic accumulates as a result.

Beside that I also have a keyword which has zero monthly search volume and it is bringing nothing less than 300 visitors to my website every month.

D

Deleted member 28127

I think that adsense can become a good source of income, but it is really a strict advertising program because it is owned by one of the biggest company called "Google". There are many people who have complained that their website got "demonetized" by adsense or their adsense account got suspended because they violated the terms and conditions. On the contrary, many people whose account got suspended state that they never violated any terms or conditions and this sounds strange to me.
One of the violation of terms of service is that Google doesn't like any kind of competition means if you install any other adscence network there is google bot that is analyzing your website scripts every day then you will get demonitized from adscence because they wants you install only their scripts not like other competitors that have no problem even you install the script of competitor company. Then choose to monetize his website with Google is a good choice due to high CPC involved but you have to protect ads from bot clicks or users clicking more than usual on an adscence script to prevent demonetization too and this require a little base of coding and scripting.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think that adsense can become a good source of income, but it is really a strict advertising program because it is owned by one of the biggest company called "Google". There are many people who have complained that their website got "demonetized" by adsense or their adsense account got suspended because they violated the terms and conditions. On the contrary, many people whose account got suspended state that they never violated any terms or conditions and this sounds strange to me.

D

Deleted member 28127

Multiplying adsence networks isn't always the good solution because each ad network program his bot any concurrent website adsence script is considered as malicious code what happens to me by the cancellation of google adwords for placing coinzilla meta tags and ads.

Mika

VIP Contributor
It might take a long time to build passive income from advertising networks like Adsense. I have been blogging for more than 18 months, still, I don't reach the payment threshold on adsense every month. I get paid every 3-4 months. I earn $30 per month on average. While this is not a great payment, I believe it is still good because all of my hard works are done and I do not have to spend a lot of time on my site. Actually, my adsense income is just like free money. THis is the beauty of earning from ads on your site.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Of course it can be a source of passive income but I will be honest with you that it is not always easy at first, I mean to say as a beginner you will have to go through some trying times and sometimes they are discouraging which could make you lose interest if you are not determined to achieve good income from the job. You should be ready for some challenges like trying to create awareness. The thing is that ads business do not work in nigeria. I had a friend that did make up to three hundred thousand naira from google ads but he made use of VPN to change his location

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Actually you don't need clicks form top tier countries to earn more. YOu earn more money per click when the the click generates in the country where the ad is targeted. For example, if the ad targets Bangladesh and if the click is generated in Bangladesh, you will earn more than when that ad gets click from the US.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Based on what you have written here I don't think you have experience with adsense. Adsense is a PPC ad network, in other words you earn from clicks on your ads. I have earned almost half a dollar from a single click on my adsense. I earn 13 cents per click on my ad. Now, you tell me is adsense low paying ad network?
For you information, Google adsense also run earn per impression programs perhaps you are yet to explore all their programs.

Everything I wrote here is based on experience and I know what I'm talking about. I have both Google adsense and Ezoic on a blog. Adsense paid about $4 per 1000 impression and Ezoic pays $11 for the same 1000 impression. You are going to earn more if you are on Mediavine.

it is possible to earn up to that from a single click on your website in Google adsense if the click is generated from top tier country like US.

I can bet it with you that google can not pay the same amount if the same click is generated from low tier country like Bangladesh on the same website. The reason is that Google employs Geo tracking in paying for clicks.

Last edited:

Mika

VIP Contributor
I like Google adsense because it gives you the opportunity to earn passive income with your blog without doing additional work. the only downside about them is that they have low cost per multiple impressions compared to other display advertisement platform online. If you really wants to make money on your blog do not rely only on Google adsense.
Based on what you have written here I don't think you have experience with adsense. Adsense is a PPC ad network, in other words you earn from clicks on your ads. I have earned almost half a dollar from a single click on my adsense. I earn 13 cents per click on my ad. Now, you tell me is adsense low paying ad network?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I like Google adsense because it gives you the opportunity to earn passive income with your blog without doing additional work. the only downside about them is that they have low cost per multiple impressions compared to other display advertisement platform online. If you really wants to make money on your blog do not rely only on Google adsense.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Adsense has proven to be one of the most reliable ways of monetizing your website especially as a blogger. It is also a reliable passive income stream because all you have to do is to post your articles and once people read them then they will also be looking at the ads. You get paid from adsense on a minimum of $100.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Ads on my websites make money from me. I do not work on my website every day, yet I make money. Let me explain.

Adsense is my ideal monetization solution. However, I do not entirely depend on Adsense for earnings, I also use other ad networks. I settled with multiple ads after a lot of experimentation. I discovered that my earnings are better when I use multiple ad networks. I may earn just a few cents from another ad network, but the amount adds every day.

If you check popular websites, you will find most of them use multiple ad networks. For example, Forbes uses media.Net ads, Amazon ads, and Adsense ads at the same time. These sites are primarily earning from ads.

If you want passive income, you should definitely use AdSense and other ads. There might be rejections in the beginning and one of the common reasons for rejection is related to content. Therefore, you should publish high-quality content.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you choose a less competitive niche, you will also get fewer traffic. When the traffic is low, the chances of earning are minimal. Let say you use a keyword that gets less than 1000 hits in month (less competitive keywords), for such as low traffic keyword, your site may not receive traffic from search engines

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It is true that you can turn Google adsense earnings into passive income. All you have to do is to create a niche blog in a less competitive one. After that you need to research low competitive keywords and write content on them. Post all this content on the website and wait for sometimes to receive traffic. you can then apply for Google adsense and you are going to make passive income that way.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Technically speaking, Ad networks can be a passive income source provided you can build a large traffic on your videos and blog posts. In order to build huge traffic you need to work daily, should be very active in building traffic. Therefore, theoretically speaking earning from ads is not truly passive income.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
AdSense is one of the ways someone can make passive income with his or her blog. Once the blog is receiving lots of traffic from Google search engine, the owner can apply for Google adsense so as to have some adverts placed on the blog. Nursing is a required anymore except to maintain the traffic by post on the blog. The payout also depend on the niche which you have your blog.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
That's what I think but making adsense earn for you is quite difficult. I have been using adesne since 15 months and I have managed to earn $1 per day in average, this earning is nothing. I would consider adsense erning to be bigh enough only when I earn at least $5 a day.
what is exactly is the problem that you're not making enough money from adsense?. Does it mean you're not getting enough traffic to your website?. I have come across a lot of people saying that they are making a whole lot of money on monthly basis from adsense. Some of them are blogger while some are not

Mika

VIP Contributor
So, your youtube channel was demonetized because you did not have 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time on your videos. That was very unfortunate. Maybe you could work hard to build subscribers and get watch time so that you can get monetized gain. sadly, I failed to reach the monetization threshold for my channel.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My YouTube channel used to earn from Adsense. I think I was receiving $100 every year and the last earning was even more. Unfortunately there was a change in policy regarding the minimum number of subscribers and the minimum number of watch hours. My channel is not earning anymore and I had lost the interest to post videos.