Can Digital Marketing Replace Traditional Marketing

Mika

VIP Contributor
Digital marketing means marketing products and services on the internet and building brands and a customer base on the world wide web.

Traditional marketing uses newspaper, radio, TV, billboards, pamphlets, posters, flyers, etc. to promote products, services, and business in general.

China is credited for inventing marketing to drive sales. Chinese businessmen were using advertorials to promote their products even before Christ. The evolution of mass media took marketing to a whole new level.

There are 7.9 billion people on earth of which 4.4 billion use the internet regularly. Digital marketing is based on the internet, therefore, for digital marketing to exist, there should be the internet. However, traditional marketing can reach the customers even where there is an internet.

Digital Marketing may never completely replace traditional marketing, but it can of course put traditional marketing on the back seat.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
You are correct . Though the digital marketing might not take over all the traditional Marketing system.
But this days the digital marketing is really popular to the extent that somebody do not need to own a shop before starting a business just with help of digital marketing.
Digital marketing is really taking the lead now.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Marketing is really expanding and has recorded a lot of growth over the last 10 years. A lot of businesses are creating online presence and advertising their products online which has really been helpful and of course a lot of businesses consider it as a way to go. It may not fully replace traditional marketing but it will overshadow it.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I think I can agree with the replacement but the traditional marketing will still stay for now. For big businesses the marketing style still needs the demo particularly for expensive products like computers or appliances. The demo is performed by marketing people who also are prepared to answer questions about the details of the product. I don't think the potential client will prefer a remote demo.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I think traditional marketing and digital marketing will go hand in hand, digital marketing might have more power over traditional marketing however, it will never replace traditional marketing. Well, ad ad you see in the billboard in a public place can be as effective as an ad you see while browsing Facebook

In the Modern era, we are seeing two types of marketing, the old one is called traditional marketing and the latest one is digital marketing. Digital is the market is done by social media like Facebook Instagram and youtube while the traditional market is done by Billboards, bus/taxi wraps, posters but I don't think it can replace traditional marketing because everyone does not use social media

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I also believe digital marketing and traditional marketing will go hand in hand, irrespective of business type (online or offline), people will be using online and offline marketing for their online or offline businesses. However, digital marketing being a cheaper alternate, people will be giving more preference to digital marketing.