Finance Can Gambling make you lose money?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
For a person to have the habit of saving money I have learned that gambling is the contrasting activity to saving money. I know that some people enjoy gambling because of the thrill of winning. I used to bet on horse racing that I would be jubilant when I won. Sometimes I buy special food or dessert like ice cream as a way of announcing that I won money in the horse races.

But there is always the alter ego of winning which is losing. Whenever I would lose a bet it was like a dagger that is hitting my savings account. I have to admit that gambling can make me lose money. With that realization I made a resolve to stop betting and just tried to engage in other endeavors that would be away from gambling. Watching sports programs on tv is now my pastime. I enjoy mixed martial arts fighting. There is no more betting so my savings in the bank are safe and sound.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I lose thousands of dogecoin and hundreds of TRON in gambling; it was not a big deal for me, because that loss was happened when these cryptos had no or very less value (loss in total of less than $20). I don't think now I do not care about that; I could have saved them and there were thousands of dollars. Same about Bitcoin, where I lost satoshi valued in hundreds of dollars of my investment and faucet etc gains; that was a sad part because this time BTC is a blast.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
For a person to have the habit of saving money I have learned that gambling is the contrasting activity to saving money. I know that some people enjoy gambling because of the thrill of winning. I used to bet on horse racing that I would be jubilant when I won. Sometimes I buy special food or dessert like ice cream as a way of announcing that I won money in the horse races.

But there is always the alter ego of winning which is losing. Whenever I would lose a bet it was like a dagger that is hitting my savings account. I have to admit that gambling can make me lose money. With that realization I made a resolve to stop betting and just tried to engage in other endeavors that would be away from gambling. Watching sports programs on tv is now my pastime. I enjoy mixed martial arts fighting. There is no more betting so my savings in the bank are safe and sound.
Betting is very good and bad at the same time. Good in the sense that many at times because some people know how to play it and they use to win a lot but in other way round many loose and it can even ruin somebody life financially.

Kennysplash

Verified member
I wish people can realize this early before it is too late. Gambling wrecks a person financially and emotionally. You will be worried about the bets you have placed all day that other activities suffer. I know a close friend that have been wrecked by betting, he believed one day he will win big till he got into financial problem. Betting enriches the bookmakers and the lucky one percent while the remaining 99 percent lose their hard earned money. Always remember that.

Mellorando

Banned
Betting or gambling is a risky activity to engage in a person who want to make it a life shouldn't engage you such a worthless activity forget the fact that some people make it in betting but still many people lose dear money on doing such a stupid activity

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Gambling is actually one of the worst things I hate the most. Gambling not only makes you lose money but your psychological health can also get damaged if you gamble a lot. Losing money is never a good idea and I also think that gambling is unethical.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Betting is gambling. And when someone gamble he will definitely loose his or her money. Because gamble means, not sure what the outcome will be, but you predict what the outcome may be. And most time people always lose there money when betting. Only very few of the betting will the person win. Only one to five out of hundred will the person win. So betting is not good.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Gambling is indeed a very good way to lose money, and it takes one who is sincere to himself to realize this. All those who claim it's helping them to make some money are only being blinded by their greed and this is why they find it hard to quit even after numerous losses.

Sammyesx

Everyone wants to make quick cash but the thing is gambling is not the way. One might make money through gambling for some time, but on the run, you end up losing, your loss will be far greater than your wins, that is why their are different betting site for various activities, because the odds will always favour the betting company eventually.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I don't gamble but I know a lot of people who are addicted to gambling, when I see these people, I see them like people who attempt adventurous sports like bungee jump, kayaking, mountain climbing, etc. I think the gamblers experience an adrenaline rush just like those who attempt adventurous sports.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Gambling can actually make you lose money badly or even make you become poor, especially if you are an addicted gambler. I was once a gambler but not addicted but still it never turned out well for me, so l left. I lost a lot of money. Lol
So I won't encourage anyone to imbibe in gambling to make money. You have to know it won't last long.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The fastest way of losing money now is by gambling. I think people should realize that gambling and betting are designed in the way that people will always lose. So the rate of losing is always way higher than winning. People needs to realize this and stay away from gambling

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I will not advise anyone to venture into gambling because it can make one lose all his life savings in one day. Gambling will blind your eyes not to see many opportunities and you will start to think that it is the only way to succeed in life. It is better you are avoiding it or if you have other things going you can do it as fun with Little money.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Already is making me lose money, no need to go elsewhere quoting people who has lost money gambling, I'm an example of that. Had it been its not gambling i would've owned a blog site fetching me Money today had i invested back then, even bought some plot if land using my gambling lavished money last two years.