Can i make money from farming?

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
A lot of people ask themselves this particular question. The answer to this question is yes, anybody can make money from farming, being it crop farming or animal farming.
Your land can be a valuable asset when it comes to making a living. And not just for livestock or a large market garden. There are so many ways to make your land pay for itself.

Waterleaf
A lot of farmers around the world make their money most especially on waterleaf farming. This is a very lucrative business when it comes to making a living.
If you have your own farmland and you don't plan on using it for years, why not use it to make some money daily or monthly. Planting waterleaf is one of the best idea I can offer. You can be making some good money every two weeks in this business.How? If you have enough beds of waterleaf, manure and water available,you can be making 100k every 2weeks, especially this season that we are, waterleaf is very scarce making it costly.Selling each bed 10k at most gives you 100k for 10 beds of waterleaf,so you see you can enough money from farming.
You can also make money from livestock farming

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Farming is the oldest way to make money and it's still relevant as at today, and I still believe it will always be pertinent till the end of time, because we will always need products from Farming. Infact, without Farming no one can survive, which makes Farming essentially to everyone.

I'm a farmer as well, and I can tell you for a fact that Farming actually pays.....And it's one of the greatest and most rewarding investment anyone can get involved in.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
I really love anything that has to do with agriculture and i find this thread very fascinating too, from your analysis on waterleaf farming it is indeed looking attractive. I have done this type of farming some years back, I planted maize and cassava on five acres of land and the out was go, although I know it is not always like that because sometimes the produce doesn't come as one always desire and sometimes it leads to losses, I have also had my own share of losses too. But that has never deter me from forgoing ahead with farming. I have also done livestock aswel and made good money from rearing snail and chickens.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Waterleaf is not for people all over the world , mostly it is mainly for some people in most African countries because the environment and the weather condition in other continents of the world may not really favour the growing of waterleaf therefore it is only people in most African countries that are using waterleafs

Based on how I know about it may really be a lucrative business but at the same time you also have to work very hard because it is not really easy as you may think especially during the planting of those things , I believe that is the most difficult aspect in this business

And also at the same time it might also be difficult when you do not have a good source of getting water for them , water is the most important nutrient for waterleaf and a situation in which there is no availability of water then the possibility of growing waterleaf successfully will be severly limited....

Generally farming is among one of the most lucrative way of making money but the most important thing is to find out the type of farming products that is scarce or the one you can easily do to make money and engage in it , That's all.

E

eldavis

Farming was once one of the underrated occupation back then, I remember when we where still young in school, we would talk about being doctors, lawyers and the likes but no one said farming, we would all reject farming. Alot of persons saw farming as something ment for the poor alone and a dirty man's job. These days people have started seeing the potential inside farming and how much they could achieve form farming alone.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Farming or agriculture is one of the most lucrative ventures globally. The truth is that people cannot actually do without farming because everything we eat actually comes through farming or agriculture and food is a necessity for human existence. If you can capitalise on this fact and venture into farming then you will definitely be making a whole lot of money from it provided you have the right resources and funds. agricultural is lucrative everywhere no matter your place of residence if you venture into agriculture with the necessary things you will actually succeed and make money. A lot of people have downplayed the importance of agriculture in this part of the world and that is the reason why unemployment is rampant. There are a lot of branches of agriculture and all of them are lucrative.
Poultry farming: Poultry farming in this part of the world is very lucrative and people usually make a whole lot of money especially during festive seasons. During festive seasons people usually buy poultry products and as such you can capitalise on this and make a whole lot of money.
Vegetable farming: Vegetable farming is very lucrative and if you can find a very good land then you will definitely be making a lot of money. You can be farming waterleaf or bitterleaf.

anil02

Verified member
A lot of people ask themselves this particular question. The answer to this question is yes, anybody can make money from farming, being it crop farming or animal farming.
Your land can be a valuable asset when it comes to making a living. And not just for livestock or a large market garden. There are so many ways to make your land pay for itself.

Waterleaf
A lot of farmers around the world make their money most especially on waterleaf farming. This is a very lucrative business when it comes to making a living.
If you have your own farmland and you don't plan on using it for years, why not use it to make some money daily or monthly. Planting waterleaf is one of the best idea I can offer. You can be making some good money every two weeks in this business.How? If you have enough beds of waterleaf, manure and water available,you can be making 100k every 2weeks, especially this season that we are, waterleaf is very scarce making it costly.Selling each bed 10k at most gives you 100k for 10 beds of waterleaf,so you see you can enough money from farming.
You can also make money from livestock farming
If we have land or we can take it on least we can earn good amount with it. But farming is not easy work. It want hard work. In these days green house are very common. We can grow off seasons crops in these houses. Farming of mushroom is also a good source of earning