Can I set up blog focusing garden?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Blogging is one of the ways in which a beginner can start making money online. Blogging is good for a beginner who happens to be a writer.

For a beginner to succeed with blogging, he has to post content on the blog regularly in order to receive free organic traffic from Google search engine.

But one of the mistakes most beginner usually make is to choose highly competitive nature when they are about to start blogging.

This will make it pretty much difficult for them to experience any traffic on their blog and they can get frustrated as a results.

I am thinking off starting a blog on garden because it seems that the niche is less competitive. So I want to ask that can I make money blogging about garden?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Gardening is a good niche. You can publish articles on gardening related topics and earn from network ads, product sales, and also affiliate ads. However, you need to make sure that your blog has unique content. If you publish content on the topics that are widely published, you my not become successful.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well I don't really know if location is one of the most important factors that we have to consider when we are going into blogging. If location may not be a factor then I believe it is going to be profitable but if location is a factors then it may not be profitable especially here in Africa. You can write other related topic about gardening and still make some income.

AfriPeeps Official

You can set up a blog focusing on anything you like, it is a game if choice, I have seen blogs focused mainly on flowers and it's getting good traffic. So when you know your audience and you know what they want then you can create a blog to suit their needs.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I still found garden it profitable because there are lot of things you can still do or post on your blog. Lot of activities is going on in the garden including grilling playing raising pets etc. it means you can build and authority website in this niche and this will increase your chances to make more money with your effort.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There are more to blogging than just choosing a niche. In fact, it is not about choosing a less competitive niche most time but choosing the ones that will demand more attention from the users and readers of the blog. I don't see more to gardening as a blog because I don't think we have more people that love reading on it.