Can Lemon Water Really help you Lose Weight?

raaman

Valued Contributor
How many of you know people who drink lemonade first thing in the morning? I am sure there may be many. But, why do they drink lemonade? It is because there has always been a lot of talk about taking lemon water on an empty stomach helps you lose weight.
But, is it really true? Experts say that drinking fresh lemon by squeezing it directly into water will not lead to any real weight loss. But, if you're using this not-so-tasty beverage to replace other calorie-laden milky drinks or fruit juices, it can help create the calorie deficit you need to lose weight.

You have to keep yourself hydrated. It is another important component of losing weight. It is because our body sometimes interprets thirst as hunger. Thus we end up eating more than the requisite amount of calories. And, when you drink lemon water, it keeps you super hydrated.

A study published recently in the Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition journal found that the polyphenols, the plant-based compounds that act like antioxidants, found in lemon juice, as well as its peel, stimulate the liver to burn fat. The study was conducted on rats that were being fed a high-fat diet for the study.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Though there many ways through which one can reduce weight ..
Some people use to say dieting can make some body reduce weight and that's not true at all because there some people that don't visually eat but they are still getting more fatter.
Some people do use lime mid up with son other thing and it is e to work.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Lemon as understand is acidic and this can only be suitable to some people because of the high acidic content in it,, instead of people to go through all this for the main purpose of losing weight it is even the best that they get themselves to regular exercise because that is another important thing that can help them to lose their weight since exercise can help to burn calories... Taking of drugs that is not recommended by a qualified medical doctor for the main purpose of weight reduction is not even the best because it can lead to dangerous side effect.

Setho

VIP Contributor
If you will want to lose weight then there is not to worry about it. The amount of energy that you release has to be more than the amount of energy that you taken. In order for this to happen you have to reduce the amount of food you eat and also partake in exercise from time to time.

Qriquimen

Exercise and avoid food high in Calories is the best and most effective way of losing weight though I also heard lemon is good for losing weight

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I have heard of how effective lemon can be while reducing weight but I have not tested it.