Can Online Jobs be Regarded as Live-Long Careers

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Online jobs are seen as side hustles and therefore I asked this question to know if there are persons that think differently about this and can regard online work as a Live-Long career which one can and depend solely on it for a living.

I do not know if there are persons of the class that do not engage in other works apart from online jobs and depend entirely on it. But I know of people who do online jobs coupled with otherbphysical work and depend on the combination for survival.

There are many online jobs that are credible and worth depending on for a means of livelihood even though personally, I have not been able to find such online jobs. But there are people who are solely dependent on their online work and nothing else than it.

What is your take on this and are you surviving on an online earning or you do other jobs?

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
It depends if the company that will employ you is only regarding to your carrer in offline jobs or taking in consideration what you have worked in online company it is a question of mentality.

Finger Geek

Verified member
There are diverse ways to make money online. An online job can also be seen as offline job and I would say that doing online job is more easier that offline job because you will choose your own working time.

Like I said earlier that there are many jobs online, it now depends on the job an individual is into. For example, someone that is a web designer will get to a stage that he will not be given work to do because there are many softwares that can now do the job. Apart from that, there are some CMS platform to use like WordPress, which can be designed to whatever function we want the website to have by installing the necessary plugins needed.

But there are some business that might last forever like having a blog or been a social media influencer. This two can never be out of the market.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Only those people who are early a dollar here and a dollar there will consider an online job as a side hustle, for people who are serious about online work, online work is an actual job, where you work on real jobs and make real money. I used to work as a programmer in a company. These days, I still work as a programmer but I do not work for any particular company. Instead, I bid on various programming-related jobs on upwork and work on the jobs available on upwork. How much do I work by working on upwork? Well, I earn as much as I used to earn from my job, sometime I even earn more. The best thing is I do not have to go to the workplace and I get to choose my own work schedule. You can work on real jobs provided you have high level skills.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't know about you but all I can say is that this will depend on the type of online business a person is doing . There are some online business that are not potential, even though they guarantee you some earnings at the end of the day but it is not something you should be looking forward to earn from on long-term. .

Data analyst , programmers and cyber securities are the type of online business that will always guarantee you reasonable earnings at the end of the month and these people are making a lot of money from their skills . If a person is able to get such skills I don't see anything wrong why you should not consider that as a full-time career and use that to build yourself and achieve all the things you need.

There are so many things that limit people from considering online business as their lifetime career.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
I don't know about you but all I can say is that this will depend on the type of online business a person is doing . There are some online business that are not potential, even though they guarantee you some earnings at the end of the day but it is not something you should be looking forward to earn from on long-term. .

Data analyst , programmers and cyber securities are the type of online business that will always guarantee you reasonable earnings at the end of the month and these people are making a lot of money from their skills . If a person is able to get such skills I don't see anything wrong why you should not consider that as a full-time career and use that to build yourself and achieve all the things you need.

There are so many things that limit people from considering online business as their lifetime career.
Some companies that you work for online could give you an online certificate for work for them for a long period of time means it remains possible in this time.