Can someone start a blog for free?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It is very obvious that someone can make money by blogging. Blogging make it process much easier for people to become their own boss and work at any time.

The first thing you need to do is to pick in each which we have knowledge or passion about. then you can register easy-to-remember domain name which usually cost less than $10. You can do this together with hosting account.

There was a time a younger brother came to visit me and we discuss different money making method. He said blogging seems to fit his lifestyle.

The problem is that, he told me that there is no money on him so he can't register a domain name and get hosting account.

So I want to ask that can someone blog for free? I hope to hear from you soon.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Of course there are many free blogging platforms such as a blogger, WordPress and wix. You can definitely start from there then when he gets money he will upgrade it. one of the problems of free blogging is that it can get deleted and anytime by Google especially if you're are using blogger.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Of course there are many free blogging platforms such as a blogger, WordPress and wix. You can definitely start from there then when he gets money he will upgrade it. one of the problems of free blogging is that it can get deleted and anytime by Google especially if you're are using blogger.
Yes I know there are some free blogging platform that you can use for a start but naturally I do not advise people to go for the free one .it is better for you to pay and have a good website for your online business than to go for free one. I just believe inside me that free one may not actually be able to give you quality results

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Though blogging can be done without monetizing it, it won't make any more sense to the owner in the long run. The money that is getting through it is a just a motivation to only make the blogger feel like his hardwork really pays. In the first instance why will someone blog for free.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You can start a blog for free and still make money from your free blog. You can either try a free domain and free hosting, or a free blogging platform like blogspot. By the way, you can also publish on third-party blogging platforms like Hubpages, Read Cash, Publish0X, Medium, Vocal, etc.

Good luck

Verified member
It is very possible to start blogging for free infact there are lots of blogging one can easily do and get some money from it.though we also have blogs that you pay to do.you only need to know what you want and how to do it to get a good result from it.some blogs are totally free.

AfriPeeps Official

Sure you can start a blog for free but on the long run you will have to buy a hosting plan and a domain. To start blogging for free, you can host your blog on blogger or use free WordPress. However I don't think free blog is a really that decision, it won't have enough commitment.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
It is absolutely possible to create a blog for free and earn money from your free blog. I have a friend who created a blog on weebly. She has been publishing her blog since three years and she has never bought premium version of weebly. She has manged to build over 3000 subscribers.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
it is possible to start blogging free but you should know that you will have less control over the things you can put on the website. the only way you can monetize the free blog is to apply for access provided you put lots of unique content on the blog. You must not use duplicate content on your website so as to get approved faster.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
There are many bloggers who are enjoying good money, but this doesn't mean anyone can become a good blogger.

There is no free ticket, all good bloggers have paid hosting and domain service, free blogs no longer attract ads (revenue). Once I had multiple blogs during blogspot days, but now everything is changed

Ads are the revenue, you need to include the ads, either your own (rented space on your website, or via some affiliate/ adsense.

I only use my original contents, never duplicate, but I post in MMO sites instead of posting in some blog. But I do have a plan to create Blog, yet no plan to go with free. But if there is some need for social works, I will post for free. I even post free for good cause, especially disability sector.

Mika

VIP Contributor
It does not matter whether your blog is free-hosted or self-hosted, what actually matters is how much traffic your blog is pulling. That's because revenue entirely depends on traffic. Well, there is a limitation on earning methods for free hosted blogs. For example, you can use adsnese only with a blogspots (since both are Google product), you cannot use adsense on any other free blogs. You can create a free blog with wordpress, you can use amazon ads on free wordpress, however, free version does not allow you excessively display ads, your blog might be deleted without notice. I know a content creator who has multiple free blogs and make money through ads and affiliate ads once in a while. The best way to make money through blogging without actually creating a self hosted blog is to publish on article publishing sites. If you write well, you can earn through various article sites.